1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Bromance? (P. 3) -- What is going on?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by DalBCN, Jun 8, 2016.

1. DalBCN

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Part 1
    Part 2

I'm back.. I'll post an update on what we've been doing, but that's not the point of this post.

Okay, so I've still been hanging out with the same guy. Basically, after the last update.. I flew back home for a while. I asked him if I could leave my car parked at his place, and cab from there (to save money). I slept over at his place the night before my flight. Nothing really questionable happened, and we didn't cuddle. He did give me the dog-eyes a few times while we were talkin, but..

Anyways, I leave for the airport in the morning. He texts me to have a good trip.

A few days into my trip he asks if he can drive my car to places in town. I say that's fine.. I end up finding out that he was driving a lot, and picking up friends and stuff. Not what I agreed to.

So, he picks me up at the airport. I'm angry as hell and about to chew his head off.. and he hops out of the car and seems genuinely super excited to see me. He hugs me a bunch of times.. looking back, it was pretty cute and wish I wasn't as upset.

On the way back to my city, I confront him about the driving. He gets super apologetic. I feel bad, and come up with some excuse as to why I was angry and really wasn't "angry at him." I remember I left my pillow and sheets at his apartment. I ask him if it's ok to drive down later, get my stuff, and spend the night. He says sure. I drop him off at work and we are about to fist-bump a goodbye in the car. Instead, he like leaps into my lap and hugs me... I pet his hair for a bit, and he leaves saying "I love you." I say "I love you too."

So that was cute.. and I ended up going to his place twice a week up till this post. We'd just hang out at his place alone. I'd come down after work, spend the night, and we'd carpool to our diff works together. I'm at a place now where however he loves me is fine with me. If it's in a friendly way, fine. If it's romantic, we'll get there.

-- This part is what I'm asking for help with. --

BUT, I think I screwed up.

Over the weekend, I tried to get him to come to my city to hang out. He kept saying he was tired.. like three days in a row. So, I jokingly call him a "lame-o" and tell him to shoot me a text when he wants to hang out. I also send a meme.

Him: "Ok..."
    Me: "No for real, hit me up you party moocher!"

I call him a party moocher jokingly because I always invite him out while he never does. Not a real issue to me at all, a lot of people are like this.

Him: "Why are you being salty?"
    Me: "Not being salty."
    Him: "You called me lame an a party moocher."
    Me: "Just sayin what's real lol."
    Him: "Real? Ok."
    Me: "Chill out, I'm not even angry. Just playing with you."
    Him: "Well if it's real and true then I'm mad."
    Me: Explains that it's a joke (again). Tells him that he really doesn't hit me up, but it's not a problem.
    Him: Stops replying.

A few days later I check up on him..

Me: "Are you still upset?"
    Him: "I find your opinion of me troubling.."
    Me: "What's troubling? I meant it as a joke. I thought you'd be fine with it. I'm worse with other people.. and what do you think my opinion of you is?"
    Him: No reply.

And today..

Me: "Can we resolve this? Because I don't know what's going on."
    Him: Still no reply.

I'm sorry, guys. But what is going on here? I teased him, using pretty juvenile words, and now he is actually upset at me. Why do you think he's so pissed at me? I've tried asking him directly, and neutrally, but that hasn't gone anywhere..

#1 DalBCN, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  2. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess he can't take a joke. That's his loss. I wouldn't take jokes seriously. If he doesn't talk to you, just forget about it. He's not worth it.

3. Mariana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like he's really into you and doesn't quite know what you want. I think it just makes him nervous when you say something negative about him, even if it's just something small and not serious. Why don't you just call him and talk about it all?

4. robclem21

I don't really understand since you said you wouldn't care if you lost him and it would make no difference if he returned your feelings or not...

If you truly don't care then i think this is more of a selfish thing where you need to feel good having someone chase and isn't really looking out what is best for him.

I think, if you haven't already, you should just have a frank conversation with him about where you two stand cause this is an unhealthy back and forth at this point.

5. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    from your other stories, i think he is into you and is just overthinking things like someone who had a crush would do....

its been long enough, define the relationship!!! easier said than done. but since yall on the brink of arguing and going separate ways, what've you got to lose now? dont wanna wonder what could've been.

6. DalBCN

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's over. The day after I made this post he replied to my "we need to resolve this."

He said "Yeah we're fine, I've just been angry lately. You caught me during my PMS."

I apologize (like actually).

He says, "It's whatever. I realized I overreacted."

Me, "Are you sure?"

After making sure he's fine, I ask him "Do I annoy you?"

To which he responded, "I really appreciate your vape tank dude. <3. Do you annoy me? Dude... You have been nothing but nice to me and ever since we met I have appreciated our friendship. I appreciate you as a person. No you do not annoy me."

So there you have it, straight from the horse's mouth. We're just friends. Cool dude. At least this makes moving on easier, and I don't really feel like I'm "missing out on something" anymore. :|

I don't really understand myself. I want to not care about him, but at the end of the day I do.. and that's why I think about him and come on here and post about it.

Whatever we are/were is confusing as all hell... it's not a normal friendship nor are we obviously dating. It's just...?

This is what I thought, but there's too many instances where it can't be true. I invited him out somewhere last night. All I got in response was a read receipt.. aka, we're "friends."

#6 DalBCN, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  7. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm sorry to hear that dude =/ hopefully it's for the best and you'll find someone who doesn't play mind games with you. Someone you'll fall ever harder for. You'll be thankful down the road when you meet him. And tbh I'm going through something similar (a thread here on the first page actually), I can relate.

#7 geoseason, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  8. DalBCN

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is for the best. Most of my friends called him a fuckboi, or said they got bad vibes from him. Or that I could do better. I turned a blind eye to them and listened to the minority (and people here, who of course have less context).

I'm not even heartbroken or sad. If anything I'm pissed at myself because I put a bunch of friends on the back burner. For no reason.