1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom doesn't believe me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ruby1600, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Ruby1600

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My mom doesn't believe me about being confused about my gender and sexuality and it sucks, because I don't know how to explain it so that she sees that I'm serious but that I still want to make sure and go to a therapist and talk to someone that's unbiased about my life and just listen to me and just let me talk instead of trying to fix me constantly and give me a quick fix when it's not a quick fix, and I'm serious about this and it's not the internet influenceing me, these are real feelings that I have and it sucks and I wish I didn't but it's the truth and I just want to be how ever the heck I am and be happy in my own body! And this was manly for me to vent and just get my emotions out! Thanks to everyone who read this whole thing :confused2::confused2::confused2:

2. YeahpIdk

Hey Ruby! I can't imagine how frustrating this is. Maybe a little. My mom accepts that I'm bi/lesbian, but I can tell she sometimes thinks it's a phase or that I'll meet a guy and get over it. Your parent acting like they don't believe you must be really hurtful. I have a few suggestions:

• How about writing your mom a letter telling her all of your feelings? This way you'll be able to get all of your words out before she says anything to frustrate you.

• Maybe print some articles out, written by others who were/are confused with their sexuality or whatever matches up to exactly what you're questioning: trans, gender fluid, non-binary, genderless, etc.

That's all I've got. Try not to get too stressed about it. Easier said than done, but it's hard for parents to understand these concepts sometimes. Let it sink in and then go back to her and talk about it again. In the mean time, you've got this forum to vent and get info. And remember that all of your feelings are valid, even if someone says they're not.

Feel better.