1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he like me? Supposedly straight

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by geoseason, Jun 10, 2016.

1. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay, this is going to be a long story.

We met in the spring semester (it's now summer), the first time we met was playing basketball and I offered to give him a ride to his dorm (irrelevant, I had no idea or second thought about him other than I thought he was cute which is why I offered him a ride). His name is Michael

For the record, he's engaged. He knows i'm gay and has no problems with gay people.

A little later on, we keep playing basketball, not really knowing each other, and I don't know at what point that all changed but soon he became good friends with my group of friends and me. He started hanging out with us more often, it was like he was always a part of the group.

My first memory of anything being said remotely gay, which caught me off guard, was when we were walking to his dorm with our friends, and he said something about me and him cuddling. I laughed and said oh yea. Well we hung out in his dorm, but i sat on the bunk above him. I decided to leave because I was bored, and I said as leaving, so are we gonna cuddle? He said ask Dustin or Dave. So I was like yeaaa he's not gay at all.

Well this is where the more gay things happen (and I won't be able to remember it all). We've sat on the same bed, and he will put his hands on my inner thigh and look at me, and holds his hand there. I'm just frozen, unsure what to do so I just smile. The instances happen on different days (we were all hanging out daily at this point).

We've been kinda drunk, and he asks me to go to the bathroom with him, and he tells me he thinks im attractive and im not sure of the other word - sexy or cute? i think it was sexy but idk. Caught me off guard again, and I said I think you are too.

At this point, all of our friends were constantly hanging out whenever we could after class.

When playing basketball, he began slapping my butt, so of course I returned the favor! He's also called me his babe and bae a few times, even in front of our friends.

We went to the dining on campus once, it was just us. and on the way back he asked if I wanted to watch a movie with him, of course!!! so we did, and he kinda cuddled me, i layed in the back and he layed with his back on mine, and he would lean back and look up at me and rest his head on my chest to talk to me.

On the last day before we all went home, he asked for my phone number (I'd asked for his snapchat before but he told me not to worry about it lol) so I could text him and that I should get xbox so I can play with him all summer. I meet his fiance and we go to help him move out (I'd been hanging out with him all morning cos I ran into him at the bookstore) and while in his room he told me he wish he was moving in with me instead of his fiance. When we were all on a couch in the dorm lobby, i noticed he sat closer to me (he was in the middle) and his legs were touching mine. Now the three of us are eating and she tells me she's heard all about me and how awesome he thinks I am. and he told her we'd cuddled! (I didnt even consider it cuddling until he did). Okay its time for us to move home and i ask for a hug and so we hugged (it was a good one).

Now its summer, we've played xbox everyday we've could (4 weeks now and we will stay on there from 3-8 hours at a time just us talking playing games), sometimes we will watch netflix and talk. He calls me adorable countless times, along with cute. he's even said "I love you" online or texted me that "love ya" and he makes a lot of gay sexual jokes like "Wanna know what else is hard? my wiener when its in your butt" along with things like making moan noises or pretend to choke on something and saying dick. he says he just thinks its funny.

at the beginning of summer we talked about visiting each others houses and cuddling. but he works 40 hours a week and we are 4 hours apart. he does say sorry he's taken, or he's not into that stuff (gay), but not very often. Nowadays he's offered to buy me food when I told him i went out with our friend to dinner, asked if he bought me anything and said "I'll buy you food someday" i said really? he said "yeah maybe" for now we've talked about when i visit he definitely wants to hang out (supposed to go nearby anyway w/ friends).

We text pretty much all the time when he isn't at work. he's also developed (as well as i) many different nicknames we call each other. nothing really fascinating other than its derived from words we use often so its special to us. as well one day he asked me on the chat "hows my babe doing?" I said "hes good, hows mine" and he replied fine. and one time out of no where i accidentally called him babe hahah! Freudian slip maybe

The last instance, we were in a live party with 1 other dude (who is straight) they were talking about gay stuff and being gay. and the other dude said yeah dude i caught the gay its contagious, you might catch it. Michael says "maybe but not from you hahaha!" other guy goes what does that mean" he said "thats for me to know and not you" and laughed.

He's copied a lot of my mannerisms and words (he said copying is the best form of attraction or something like that) and i copy his and we act stupid together lol.

I realize i may have a bit of confirmation bias but seriously, what is going on here? Is it what I think is going on?!

---------- Post added 10th Jun 2016 at 12:46 PM ----------

As well, he wants me to go to a concert with him and a mutual friend, and he said if you go we can sleep in the same bed together.

#1 geoseason, Jun 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  2. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    He either definitely likes you or is experimenting.

3. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I hope so, Alex!

One other moment that I remember significantly but forgot to mention. on the last day when it was just us he asked what kind of guys were I into? and like the height? and where im tall he said what about my height? am i too short? i said nah you're like perfect height.

#3 geoseason, Jun 10, 2016
  4. faustian1

Better answer: "You're height is right in the middle of my range....and oh, if you ever climb off the fence on my side my number is the first you should call!" :eusa_clap

5. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haha good one!! I better be. Lol I like him a lot.

#5 geoseason, Jun 10, 2016
  6. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It sounds like he's enjoying the attention and the comfort of intimacy without actually being in a relationship. Maybe he has some feelings for you, but I wouldn't count on that if I were you. If you go through this forum, you'll find countless stories that are similar to yours where confused straight guys crave for attention but will never cross the line. I sincerely hope that is not the case with you, but try not to get your hopes up, and enjoy this guy as a friend and find a potential partner elsewhere. The fact that he has a fiancee should already make him off limits regardless of his sexuality as well.

7. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    His fiance did keep him off limits, however she has flirted with me despite my sexuality and basically admitted feelings for me PLUS other guys and I know she's cheating..

My hopes are up a little but you're right, I should know better than hope for a guy who identifies as straight.

About the intimacy thing.. Sounds probable. He has talked about me coming up and cuddling cause he needed some kind of intimacy. I don't know how to take that tho.

He flirts with me more than I do him, and gives me a lot of attention even with other friends around. He always boosts my confidence and never has anything but good things to say to me. He doesn't seem like the kinda person to use or mislead someone.

Who knows we will see as time goes on.

---------- Post added 10th Jun 2016 at 06:25 PM ----------

He's not the straightest acting goober ever. We joke around and talk in high pitches like girls a lot hahah.

About the attention.. Hmm.. I don't know I give him regular attention but not like flirting or anything we act like best friends.

It's odd that someone who would just like the extra attention would be willing to talk on the chat for hours upon hours just talking about nothing. Like we have constant contact. It's never crossed my mind to do that to someone, especially for a month or two straight.

I remember in our early stages I sorta walked him to his dorm and he joked about us showering together. And something about our thingies touching hahah.

#7 geoseason, Jun 10, 2016
  8. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Fuck I've been pretty convinced he is into me.

Fuck.

9. cakepiecookie

Yeah, he definitely sounds into you. He also sounds like a bit of a trainwreck. Who acts like that when they're engaged??

10. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    We both have our craziness and could be trainwrecks lol even his fiancé. I think we are all aware that we are hahah.

11. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I honestly wouldn't do anything. Why? He has a fiancée and unless he breaks it off, they're gonna get married, so the ball is in his court.

12. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

No plans to do anything.

13. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He said today "I don't like boys, except you" I said "I feel special" and he said "you should" I said "well I do" he said "you should!!" He's also called me cute after I did something lol and he made gay sexual jokes haah. He also asked if I've been out with any guys lately. And said I was sexy I probably pull all kinds of Weiner. Hahah

#13 geoseason, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  14. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Does anyone else have any feedback?

15. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    haha wow he seems like he's really coming on to you now. You say you have no plans on doing anything, so what kind of feedback are you looking for exactly? Would you really care what he thinks if you didn't think there was any future between you two?

If you do want to do something about it, why don't you go along with the joke more? Maybe say that if he wasn't engaged, you would have sex/date him right then and there, or something. If you show that you are amenable to his propositions, then he may feel more confident to act.

16. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was just wondering if it sounds like he could be bi and potentially have feelings for me. And yeah I still care!! Haha I don't think he will get married to her but if within the next 3 months (tops!) nothing changes I'll try to move on(I am kinda trying now) but it'll be hard where we have the same friends.

I might just do that joke and go along with it more and see what he says! Thank you. Lol I may also say "why aren't you gay?" Heheh.

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2016 at 08:55 PM ----------

Hehe where he thinks I'm sexy already I've been using it as motivation to lose some more weight and work out:lol::lol:

17. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Would it be a bad idea to tell him I do have a date this week?

18. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    And now he is moving in with me and another friend. And he said he is gonna share a bedroom with me. He originally was moving in with his girlfriend but that's apparently changed.

19. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He is now single! Wow

20. redstreak23

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I am rooting for you it sounds like it is going places i think that maybe just see if he will handle you holding his hand and see where it goes from there