1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating age range for a 37 yr old man

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mikey34, Jun 11, 2016.

1. mikey34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Im relatively still new to the gay dating world. Im 37 but i look 30 . I have guys come on to me who are 25 and up. I know gay dating has different rules because the dating pool is more limited. What ages can i date Sometimes i feel like a perv talking to a 25- 28 yr old guy. Many times we hit it off then i refuse to meet because of age .

2. guitar

25 *could* potentially work, because at that age you're considerably more mature than an 18 year old, for example. But with 10 years there's still a massive maturity and experience gap.

My general rule for dating is +/- 5 years. That way, your maturity level and experiences are much closer.

Moderator Chip has written some pretty excellent posts about this in the relationship section of the forum if you can track down those posts

3. faustian1

Like a lot of gay men, I think you're a bit too focused on age. That last sentence, especially, proves this. Note that it is a one-sided probability distribution, too. You're silent on interacting with those older than you.

Frankly, the way you wrote this sounds more like the protocol for "hooking up," rather than "dating." And if that's the case, your preferences are fine to me. Where they would be lacking, is demonstrating the availability to form friendships.

Of course, I realize I'm jaded and the heterosexual-focused hookers often use the term "dating" to represent business transactions. What I think dating is, is getting to know someone and, while it may quite readily involve sex, it involves a connection too.

The couples I see, well 10 years is trivial a lot of the time.

4. mikey34

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    yeah im talking about actual dating, im not really a hookup guy. Im not attracted to older men at all. You have to be attracted first .Yeah i think you are right +5 or -5 yrs .
    Then again my parents are 10 yrs apart