1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by yeahyeah, Jun 11, 2016.

1. yeahyeah

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Am I going to regret not dating someone these years of my life? I don't want to date anyone, I don't want to meet new people but at the same time I feel alone. What should I do?

2. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It doesn't hurt to see if there's anyone you like and give it a chance. I know I regret not dating many people growing up through high school especially. But other people wish they were more single.

Just do what you want and if you like someone go for it! Do what you think is best for you.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How old are you? Some people are okay living alone, but it depends on their personalities. I read something interesting that said people in good relationships can feel happier than those who are single, but those who are in bad relationships feel worse than single people. And, really happiness is something individual. If you're in a relationship, it would be ideal to have someone who helps you to pursue your own happiness (and share it with others).

Also, many people get pets like dogs and cats precisely to not be alone but not also have the complications of another human... :grin:

4. yeahyeah

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 24 and I'm asking this because lately I've been feeling really nervous when I think about those things. I really don't have many friends and the ones I have I don't see them very often. Actually, I have one friend who I really appreciate and I'm afraid of loosing him :c I think I've been really anxious for the past few months.

5. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you thought that you might have a problem with anxiety? If you are anxious about meeting people, or losing people it suggests that something is going on - something that could be managed with treatment, or talking therapy maybe?