1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you consider having an online gay/ bisexual relationship?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lovisa, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Lovisa

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For example, say you're a lesbian or a bi girl - would you seek online relationships with another girl that you hope to meet one day?

I always thought I was born in the wrong country when it comes to finding partners so I always used to go into international forums and chatrooms to meet new people.

My first online relationship was with a woman from Belgium (I'm from Australia). We met in an adult chatroom and took it from there.

I say there is excitement and even a bit of mystery around dating someone online whom you never met. As long as you're careful and the person is who they say they are!

So would you consider an online relationship?

2. Riz

Riz

I'm in a online relationship (appears gay though we're both pan), I guess. But the plan isn't for it to stay that way but for us to at least live in the same country, it's a bit too exhausting being so far away from each other.

I wouldn't look for someone in a different continent as a rule, since it mostly makes things frustrating and a bit complicated. But if you happen to fall in love, well then you make the best out of it.

3. killswitch0029

Possibly but they'd have to be somewhere within the states. I wouldn't wanna have to spend an arm and a leg on travel should I ever decide to meet them face to face

4. Lyr

Lyr Guest

no, because my previous online relationship didn't really go so well (it's a long story about a girl being tricked) ^^
    but if it's a friendship relation, maybe

5. Izzy H

I would be all for it XD

6. Aerin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I met the girl I'm seeing online by chance, I wasn't looking for anything but we started chatting and it just developed from there. Our relationship didn't really last long online - we added each other on social media pretty soon after and moved to texting instead of online messaging. She lives three hours away from me and we get together when we can but it's not easy since we both have busy lives and conflicting schedules.

I think you can for sure start a relationship online, but at some point for things to progress it needs to come into the real world, and both individuals in the relationship need to be willing to put in the effort/consider relocating.

7. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd rather have a relationship in real life with someone nearby so we can see each other, but I wouldn't mind if I was really into them. I'd also be worried about them not being who they say they are...

8. laviedadele

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess I would. I've found the time, effort and emotions involved with chatting to someone you haven't met yet really draining- and disappointing. But I have 0% success with meeting lesbians in the real world. I think if it was long distance it would have to be friendship first, it would be too much pressure otherwise

9. cakepiecookie

I've considered it, mostly due to lack of options where I live. The dating pool is so small here.

10. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, as long as we can meet up in real life eventually.

11. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would as long as both parties wanted to meet up in real life and work towards plans of moving closer/together

12. GodlyArmadillo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah, the prospect of LDRs. I've never been in one, but I've been surrounded by them. Some successful, some not so much. Personally, I could see myself being in a LDR.

If you take two people, A and B, and they are absolutely identical in appearance, personality and chemistry, but, A lives in your city and B lives in another country, then sure, it makes much more sense to date A instead of B.

However, two people are rarely identical. If I liked B more, I would honestly say distance isn't an issue, and I'd prefer to date someone I really like, that lives farther away, than to date someone for the motions, that happens to live in my same city.

This was more related the online aspect, I think, but, I think the LDR is intrinsically connected to that idea. Short answer: yes.

13. Lilygirl2520

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I think I would if anything it would meen meeting someone who might have some same interests as me and on top of things may be become great friends. In the end does it really matter if it's online or face to face? If there's a connection, you get along, and u have some great conversations isn't that all that matters?

14. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't seek out an online relationship, but I did stumble into one. We'd been friends for five years before and then we developed feelings for each other. Our hometowns are actually a little over an hour apart, but because I was away at uni we were long-distance. We met in person for the first time after six months and have been together over two and a half years now.

The only thing I'd recommend with international dating is to be sure that one of you is willing to move to the other's country. Obviously this doesn't have to be right away, but it's good to know in advance if both of you never want to move.