1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small things that mean a lot

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CuriousArticles, Jun 12, 2016.

1. CuriousArticles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just wanted to share my little piece of light in the darkness today :slight_smile:

I've been having a really hard time recently.

My sister has serious mental health problems and with my grandparents away she's been on her own so I've been driving to see her all the time so she's not alone. But my boyfriend is away so I'm kind of alone too at the moment, and being around her is really hard and emotionally draining. I've managed to get her out of the house and doing things but I'm on edge and my anxiety is much worse at the moment.

I can't really talk to most of my friends because she knows them too and what happens at home with her is private, and I don't want to spill her secrets to people she knows, just to make myself feel a little better. So I'm limited what I can say.

Then we went to meet with a few mutual friends and she had a really bad episode and it was okay in the end because she told them a bit about stuff because of the context of her reaction. And these guys are really great. That was last week and they're back in Texas now, so I haven't spoken to them since.

I'm seeing my sister tonight and I'll probably stay over, so I'm really worked up and I've not been able to do much today, and I have so much I need to do.
    Then I got a message from my friend about last week, just making arrangements. And he then said:

"Also I know it can be a huge emotional drain to act as primary support. If you need someone to talk to I have done this before and might be able to help a bit."

He's one of my oldest friends, but not someone I've really talked to about very personal stuff before, so hearing that was amazing. And being all alone especially today when I'm feeling awful, reading that message made me cry because he's just such an great friend. It's not exactly much but it's the little things that mean a lot.

Just wanted to share a bit of positivity with everyone. (&&&)

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Thanks for sharing<3

Best wishes(&&&)

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Isn't it funny how some people from your past can come at the right time to lift your spirits? Probably just pure coincidence, but our minds seem more receptive to these silver linings in times of stress.