1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First breakup...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Alexrocks1253, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Please help... I am so depressed knowing that I'm never going to meet a guy as nice as my bf. I have to break up with him on Friday because he is going to camp and while he's in camp, I'm moving to Spain. I feel so lonely already. :help:
    I need hugs desperately(*hug*)

2. SillyGoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

3. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
  4. ThatRangerGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Dont break up over that! If he is really that great a guy, at least consider "trying" an online relationship.

5. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We both agreed that long distance relationships don't work.

6. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear that you are breaking up with your BF hun (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

Are you moving to Spain for the summer or permanently?

#6 SiennaFire, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  7. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Permanently. Well, for four years at least

8. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As painful as the breakup is, it sounds like that you both agree that a long-distance relationship won't work. You'll have a chance to meet new people as part of your new adventure in Spain. And if you are your BF are meant to be together, then the universe will find a way to bring you together again.

(*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

9. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hugs to you, Brother! (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

You're right though, you will never meet a guy as nice as your BF; you will meet someone better and nicer! :kiss:

10. TomboyFemmeUK

First of all a big hug to you boo. (*hug*)
    I know how bad this can be since there is really no other reason you are breaking up except the distance (I assume). It wll be quite difficult but I have a few friends who have gone through the same and from their experience what I can suggest to you is

1) Its okay for you to feel hurt for a little while now. Just let it be and express your sorrow and grief if you will. Do you have any hobbies like singing or anything where you can just let yourself be you and get out the sadness you are feeling? If yes do it, if no then try singing maybe? Helps me all the time.

2) Appreciate and cherish the moments you have had together. No one ever in our lives is going to be there forever. Anything can happen any moment and there will be some higher purpose or reason behind why you guys had to break up. It might be difficult to visualise now but imagine that there is someone else waiting for you. Now is it going to be someone exactly like your boyfriend? No. Certainly not. But it is going to be someone who makes you smile, who gives you those butterflies in your stomach and who takes care of you like you are his everything. If you would be stuck in this LDR then how would you ever meet this someone? So cherish the moments you had, and move on dear.

3) Get out there!! Now I dont mean to jump into bed with the next guy you see or hook up at all. But if you feel any better after a while just get out there in the scene with your friends. Look at all those lovely people who you could potentially start something with and if thats not what you want at the moment still go get out there, meet people, just take on something new like a volunteering job or something which gets you a little of your comfrot and takes your mind off. You will surely start to notice how things change for the positive.

And now finally, take your time. Time does indeed heal your wounds, at least in my experience. And this is so cliche but there is a reason why its cliche and thats because its true.

All the best <3

11. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah... I like to play and mod videogames.

12. FierceQueerdo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Feeling like you'll never meet anyone as good is one of the worst feelings. I'm currently feeling the same way about my ex. It's not that I don't think I can meet other people (I actually have already), it's that I feel like I'll never WANT to be with anyone else because nobody could meet my standards after such a great partner.

I've had breakups before where I've felt that way, but with time realized there WERE better people for me. I look back on those exes now and think "how could I ever have thought they were the best for me?!?!". Hopefully that will happen for you too. Chances are it will, this is only your first breakup after all. For me this time though, I feel like my standards have been raised so much and become so particular by this long and wonderful relationship, that I'll not likely fine anyone I would want to put that level of commitment into again. Sigh.

Look on the bright side though. You're going to Spain! I spent four months in Madrid once and it was wonderful. You'll be in a beautiful place with a vibrant culture, so there will be plenty of ways to distract yourself and do new things.

Focus on yourself! Do something you've always wanted to do. Treat yourself to a nice dinner or something (if you have any appetite). Read an escapist book or dive into Skyrim.

13. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people