1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family problems...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PennyMonkey96, Jun 15, 2016.

1. PennyMonkey96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So today my mom comes up to me before she went to sleep and told me that she thinks that my step-father is cheating on her. I just stared off into the room with out saying a work because I didn't know what to say.

Me and my step-father don't really get along well, I never got close to him, and when my mom told me that I just got so angry with him and was about to go to that room and beat the living crap out of him. Then I remembered something that happened a couple years ago when I was just finishing high school my mother was accused of cheating by some jealous neighbor who happened to be my mothers ex-friend. So I calmed down and saw the situation she was in and I noticed that he may be innocent.

My mom said she found a message in his phone that was sent on his birthday that happened in November of last year. The message, in a nutshell, said that she/he is very grateful that he is in their life and that they love him very much and ended the whole thing with calling him "papi" which is Spanish for daddy. She was angry when she found the message and confronted him right away but he denied everything she accused him of saying that those messages were from his mother who he never messages, by the way the phone number had a Mexican area code, later that day he did anything she asked and did things he never does.

I honestly don't like him but, for my mothers sake, I hope this isn't true. Thanks for reading and if you have some advice on what I should tell my mom or if you've been through this don't hesitate to comment.

2. mirkku

Aye... My step-mom once told me over the phone (we live a whole continent away) "I think your father is cheating on me, I found weird messages on his Facebook chat that he left open". That was years ago, turned out he indeed cheated. But it is good that you leave him the benefit of the doubt.

Do you and / or your mother think about confronting your step-father directly once again? The only thing you could do for your mom right now is to support her and make sure that she knows you are here for her if she needs to vent, or if unfortunately she has to part ways with your step-father.

3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think there is much that can be done if she is not ready to end things with him. The reason I say this is because from what you've mentioned in your post, in my opinion, there is no reason to continue on with this relationship. However, that is going to have to be her decision...not yours so just be there for her is all that I can say at this time.