1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I ask her out?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by the mom friend, Jun 17, 2016.

?

Should I tell her?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. the mom friend

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've had very strong feelings for one of my best friends (lesbian stereotype: check) for the past several months, and I'm conflicted on whether or not to tell her. She's gay and as out as a person can be, so I have no doubt of her sexuality. I'm also out to everyone except some of my family. I also know that she's at least generally interested in dating right now.

She and I have been friends for nearly a year now, and we get along fantastically. We have really similar personalities, interests, tastes, and even the same Myers-Briggs type (INTJ). We're both science majors with plans to go to grad school. However, we also live in the same apartment, and as limited as my dating experience is, I know that dating a roommate is dangerous.

I'm not sure about her feelings for me. One of my friends believes she likes me, but this friend also really wants this relationship to happen. The girl definitely likes me very much platonically -- I'm one of her two close friends here at school. She also gives a lot of signs of liking me, but, as usual, the nature of her feelings for me are impossible to tell without actually asking her (she's also a very reserved person).

Should I say something to her? I don't want to ruin a great friendship by confessing unwanted feelings, but I am in love with this girl and I don't want to let an opportunity pass me by.

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should tell her.

I've told girls I like them and it never affected our friendships. ^^

3. Sohryuden

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just go for it. There's no ifs or buts about her sexual orientation, so you're in the clear there.

Also, you have quite a lot in common. There's always a chance that she would be willing to give a relationship a try. Besides, even IF it's just platonic on her end, a real friend would stick to you regardless instead of making things awkward.

Seriously, take the leap.