1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love and Monogamy as a Bisexual (man)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by whatamiplease, Jun 18, 2016.

1. whatamiplease

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello, I very recently had a 'lightbulb' moment where I realized that I may be bisexual. Before I continue, I apologise if my post contains any biphobic narrative or is invalidating in anyway, I am very new to this and am struggling.

I have always been sexually and romantically attracted to women, now I think I might also be sexually attracted to men. I broke up with my girlfriend whom I loved because I am having quite an intense identity crisis due to this. One of my main fears is that I will never be satisfied in a long-term monogamous relationship. I am fully aware that being bisexual does not mean you are a cheater, being a cheater means you are a cheater, but not cheating on someone doesn't mean you are fully satisfied.

What I am asking for is older men (or women) who identify as bisexual and have been in a happy monogamous relationship for an extended period of time. Preferably this time would be a minimum of 5 years. I have seen many posts about people struggling with their sexual/romantic desires for the other (opposed to their partner's) sex whilst in a semi-long-term relationship (1-4 years). I want to know if it is possible to be fully monogamous and sexually satisfied in a marriage, and if so, how? Do you not get inclinations that way because you love them? If you do, how do you/your partner deal with it?

Extended needless context: I am 21 years old, male, recently broke up with my female straight girlfriend.