1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does she like me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by katey, Jun 18, 2016.

1. katey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone, I'm just looking for advice abouta girl i like :slight_smile: I'm gonna call her Sarah for this post.
    So I've been crushing on Sarah for a while and shes in some of my classes. She asked me to the leavers prom, and I said yes because obviously i was really happy. Later i asked if she asked as friends or dates and she said she was thinking friends but she'd consider going as dates and i stupidly panicked and said that friends was cool :')
    Anyway, since then shes started hugging me (and when she first did i was surprised and asked if she was usually a hugg-y person and if i should feel privileged and she said yes lol :lol:slight_smile: since then, shes invited me round twice to celebrate the end of our exams, which must mean she likes me at least as a friend because she has friends in the same town as her but she invited me :3 We always have a really great time together, we talk loads and she bought me food last time i came over :grin: and i kinda made a date because i invited her to the cinema with me next week. Its difficult because girls invite other girls to the cinema all the time and it doesnt necessarily mean anything :astonished:
    So my question is, does it sound like she likes me and in that case, what do i do because she is very shy. She is gay by the way :icon_bigg
    Thank you! :kiss:

#1 katey, Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  2. confusedbubble

First things first are you out to her at all does she know you're interested in women?
    The prom thing maybe you could tell her next time you go to her house that you've been thinking about her offer as a date to the prom and would like to go as her date if she would accept.
    Sounds like she's trying to show affection but her shyness is getting in the way so the hug was a true way of telling you she likes you (usually if people are shy they hate giving hugs to just anyone I know I do it takes loads of courage)
    She's inviting you over to get to know you better and also probably because she likes you or wants to see if there's a potential relationship
    Have you stated its a date the trip yo the cinema if you haven't and want to date her tell her you like her and want it to be a date
    Lastly maybe you could ask her out tell her you like her as more than a friend and wouldn't mind dating her see what she says.

Or
    You could whilst at her house ask her if she fancies anyone at the moment I've been asked that by one woman I was crushing on and ended up telling her it was her because I didn't want her to think I didn't like her we ended up dating because of it.
    Take things slow with her don't expect public display of affection if she's shy like me then it's hard but trust me after a while you get comfortable showing affection.

I hope this helps let us know if you need any more advice or any update

#2 confusedbubble, Jun 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  3. katey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have mentioned to her that I'm interested in women. She is out to her parents as well, although it seems to be something they dont talk about.
    Thank you so much for your advice, i was thinking that the hugging was for a reason like that, also she will not show any kind of affection in public but im like that too so i dont mind so much.
    Im not sure i specified the cinema thing was a date but i suggested we go see this romantic comedy a while back and now that its in cinemas im going to ask again with a set date and I'll make sure i say its a date :')
    I just think i really like her and its my fear of rejection which is stopping me from just straight out asking her out, so ive been thinking of the best way to do it :slight_smile:
    Thank you so much, what youve said is helpful :slight_smile:

4. confusedbubble

Use the prom as a way to ask her out or ask her when you are over at her house and alone It sounds like she likes you either that or just go with the flow and spend time with her and see how it goes.

But you could ask her if its a date for the cinema, maybe it's her shyness that's stopping her asking you out and the only way she can show she likes you as more than a friend is the hug and inviting you round (I know I can be painfully shy when I like someone and it's hard for me to say them words to them)

#4 confusedbubble, Jun 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  5. katey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay that sounds like a really good idea I'll try that :slight_smile: thank you :slight_smile:

6. thrashgal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    hell yea she does, hit her up!

7. katey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hahaha okay will do thrashgal :')