1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian PDA Question

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by debutantsappho, Jun 18, 2016.

1. debutantsappho

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When you're out on a date with a girl you don't know that well (blind date/online dating/etc.) do you kiss in public or do you wait until you're at your/her place to make a move (not a big move, just a first base level move)? This whole thing is new to me so I'm really curious how this has progressed for people with more dating experience. I've gone on a couple of online dates and have just kissed girls goodbye near the subway, but it was never anything that you wouldn't see friends do. Is it strange to try to kiss girls on the sidewalk/when you're at the movies together? I sound like an idiot, but in light of recent events, I'm giving more thought to public displays of affection and how potentially dangerous they could be.

2. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really think this depends on the girl you're on a date with. I've been out with some girls who have he mindset of "I don't care what others think" and will show the same type of PDA as straight couples. My current girlfriend strongly dislikes PDA (unless we're drinking). We will hold hands in a movie theater if no one is sitting close by. I don't think that she would be any different in a hetero relationship, though. She's just not a very affectionate type person.
    That being said, I think first dates are hard to gauge anyways. Some people kiss on the first date, some don't. I think it really depends on the person. I think it would be a good idea to just bring up the topic in conversation to see where the other person stands.

3. mirkku

I agree with taken. I had girlfriends who would be okay kissing and holding hands on the first date (not a lot, but you get the idea), and others who were very shy or simply against PDA altogether. The best is to assume the second option, to be safe, but you can also ask "Sorry, is it okay if we kiss now?" any time, and the answer will be given to you right away. :slight_smile: (Anytime but... not all the time, uh? Once per hour might be okay, more is very clingy :grin:)