1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like him a lot, but I don't know what to do anymore.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by aj1022, Jun 19, 2016.

1. aj1022

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really need advice, so please give any tips you guys can give me, thanks!

So there's this guy that I REALLY like, and you can even read more on my other thread. I don't wanna go into too much detail, but I will say that we started off really well and now it's gotten REALLY bad. Like awkward and just irritating. This is mostly my fault because I can't help but to want to constantly talk to him and message him. I would snapchat him like 6 times in a row with just random stuff like selfies and whatnot and he is okay with it. I've asked him in the past if he was okay with me doing that and he said he was okay. The thing is, I don't know if he's gay or if he likes me back but he's been giving me more hints than I have him. We only hung out twice but in the two times that we did hang out he's said stuff like:

"You're interesting, you're an interesting guy. I've never met someone like you."
    "You're funny, you're fun to talk to."
    "You know what else makes me happy? Getting to see you today."

Just stuff like that in person. But over the phone with social media and stuff he's completely different. He would respond but it didn't feel the same. So I decided to start sending him messages saying stuff like "oh theres a cute person in the room but I'm too scared to say hi". After I sent that message to him, thats when thing's kinda spiraled down. He would LITERALLY never reply to ANYTHING. I could be like "hey whats up?" or "How are you?" and he would not respond. We have like a 30 day streak on instagram and I told him I didn't care whether it ended or not but he continues our streak. He just doesn't write a message. My friends think that he's playing hard to get or he has feelings for me and doesn't know what to do about it. Mind you, I've never given him a single signal that would hint i like him because I myself am really shy when it comes to flirting and stuff. I've written so many apologies to him for being really irritating and annoying because he HATES it when I assume that he hates me. I use to always say stuff like "why do you hate me" and it would annoy him. I literally don't know what to do anymore. I'm really making an effort and have told him that I'm really just trying to get to know him better by having meaningful convos and stuff. I've also wanted to see him more in person because he's a lot nicer in person and easy to talk to. I'M SO not ready to tell him I like him because i just can't accept rejection. I know its bad to keep this bottled inside and friends have told me so. They tell me that if we're both keeping big secrets from each other then our friendship is not going to work out. I agree and honestly I wish i can tell him but right now is not a good time for us. I need to seriously see him more in person and spend more time and make a decision based on whether he gives me more hints or not. I'm sorry if all of this sounds confusing... I'm seriously making efforts to see him in person but he's always busy and stuff and its hard. But I really hope you guys can give me advice. I don't want to smother him with apology letters that I don't need to even write in the first place. Please help me out!

2. Clock dart

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The biggest reason he might not respond over social media is just a simple preference. Imhave met many people who are eloquent speakers when it comes to face to face, while over social media he might feel anti-social-ish??

I get the feeling you're in denial that he'll like you and are making excuses just to not talk with him about who you are as a person.

Maybe just pull him over at a Radom moment and tell him something in the orders of..

"Man, we've been pretty good friends for awhile I'd say. I just wanted to say that I am gay and I hope this doesn't ruin our relationship."

If you pull him aside at a major event and tell him such a thing, he'll have to consider things and it won't be the main topic on his mind - which could of many ways.

As for you crushing on him, does he have a Facebook. Or maybe search about his Instagram profile and see if there's any signs that he's straight. Do not bring up the fact that you have a crush on him.it will make him feel awkward and he might want to pull loose from the situation. You'd rather be good friends with him, than loose him there-on-out. And maybe when you get a bit more personal with him, your crush my fade and you'll enjoy being just friends with a big weight lifted off your shoulder.

ALWAYS remember, through, don't come out to him or anyone unless it's on your own will and you believe you're ready and close enough friends.

3. aj1022

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for your reply.

Since this post, he's been ignoring me A LOT. Like it's literal silent treatment and when I confronted him about it, he says there's nothing wrong or anything bothering him, he simply just doesn't want to talk. He says it has nothing to do with me or anything personal. I don't understand why he wouldn't even respond to a "hey, how are you?". He is a taurus if that has anything to do with anything. I just don't understand why someone would say all these things to me if they didn't like me. I also don't know what to even say to him anymore. I would snapchat him something funny on occasion but when it comes to me wanting to talk to him on a personal level I just can't do it. But to he truthful, if he's gonna act like this, I don't even want to be his friend if he doesn't want anything more than that. I'm sick of this silent treatment. I believe that he's doing this to make me mad and stuff because I've made him mad a couple of times, but I don't know for sure.

---------- Post added 22nd Jun 2016 at 12:32 AM ----------

and to answer the facebook thing, I've basically looked through everything and there are literally no OBVIOUS signs that he's straight. I know the stereotypical straight guys are always liking hot girls pics and following hot girls and stuff, but all he follows are fashion blogs, fashion designers, people who like fashion, electronics and nerdy stuff like game of thrones. That's about it. That's why it's hard to make a judgement.

4. love23cali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Look at it this way. Currently, it seems like the friendship is disappearing. What's the harm now in making a bolder move and expressing some interest? Even just a flirty text...What, he continues ignoring you? Your odds are better now if you just say something. Send a text "I miss you. Can you come with me for ice cream?" or w/e.

His comment about getting to see you making him happy sounds more than friendly to me. It was a risky text to send to another guy. Now it's your turn.

5. aj1022

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lately I've been sending him a lot of messages on snapchat that had flirty quotes and cute stuff. He just ignores it. He's definitely a lot nicer in person. I'm just really scared to tell him how I feel because I don't know how he'll respond. Plus I'm just not someone who can tell someone how I feel about them.