1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i'm totally alone..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jenne, Jun 19, 2016.

1. jenne

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yesterday my sister came to visit me and i don't know what to say.. i knew she was closed minded but not that much..she started to ask me why i don't have a boyfriend and it's not normal not having one yet..(i'm 20) i told her that i'm more interested in "zebras" than guys haha then she freaked out and she said what?? what are you gay? i said well..i don't know.. (i know but i'm not ready yet to come out) and she said if there is a chance you are gay you have to go to a psychiatrist that's not normal (she is so homophobic)
    she kept saying gay people are abnormal and that it's a pity for me to be gay cause that's not cool and that i haven't found the right guy yet (how can you not hate her?) all my friends, my parents are like that... but i hoped my sister would understand me...i was wrong!!! after that we argued about something else and she said "i'm gonna say to everyone that you're gay" like it's a really bad thing... i'm so dissapointed.. why is she like this? i cried so hard today..no one is going to accept me.. i'm surrounded by homophobic people who don't want to see that there are people on this planet that are different from them... i hope nobody out there is in my place it sucks being alone...

2. Clock dart

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Your sister has no authority so say such a thing. What she says doesn't go. You knew you are gay, but You come out at your own ease and will. If there's someone of many who don't expect you.. TEAR them out of your life. What if you told them they could not be straight..

Also, her telling other "my sisters gay" does not leave remanence of your own, genuine feelings. What's abnormal about woman being interested in woman. Does she realize there are about sixteen sexuality orientations? Heterosexual is one.

The fact that you feel immersed from you life maybe is a sign that you should become a little friendly or flirty with a female. Gain people you can trust and only come out when you know it's right. Don't rush into relationships either. The worst thing to do is get a boyfriend for you.

What are you trying to prove to anybody? If anything that'd say you don't have hold on your life. But you do! Make new friends, block the people who might not expect you for the meat truth. This is your life, you were born this way, and you'll surely rise to the top of the family of they don't understand our world. There might be many heterosexuals, but there are people who are bi, gay, lesbian, asexual! Amid the world, gay marriage is allowed most places. If these last people cannot understand our world is the generation, they're too ignorant to open their eyes to the truth. You are the same, but you are smarter, and have abetted chance at achieving things.

--waw this got spiritual--

Always remember you control you to do the things that make you happy. Even if something depressing sets you aside, the biggest piece of truth is that as you get older- THINGS DO GET BETTER! that. I swear.

Please don't feel alone :slight_smile:

3. Sohryuden

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That "sister" of yours has no business being in your life if she's going to be like this. There's nothing resembling the concept of family in her actions as well as her words. Cut her off, and anyone else who doesn't approve. Honestly, does it matter if she says anything at all? You can't change how you feel about other women.

And you need to get out there and find people who actually care for you. Staying in the middle of a circle full of homophobes clearly isn't going to help your sanity. This isn't a zoo, and you're not an attraction on display.

You deserve to be free, you deserve to feel loved. Get out there, meet new and awesome people, find the ones who will love you for you.

4. seeking

She is not acting like someone worth associating with. Someone who truly values you shouldn't spread this around.

At this point what she is saying is 'rumor' even though it is true. You didn't confirm that you were gay to her. You just said.. "I don't know." Saying "I don't know" doesn't immediately mean the person think their self is gay could just mean that they haven't thought about it.

Anyway at this point she is acting like someone who would stab you in the back. A real sibling whether they agree or disagree with whatever actions you are doing would not run around screaming from the roof top such things when they know there are a huge group of people in your life that could end up causing you distress.

1. She doesn't seem like someone who wants to protect you. Even when someone is gay and the family member doesn't agree. When they love the person they protect the person and tries to hide the fact in fear the person may end up getting harassed or worst (even though it is a twisted sense of protection.) She seems way to eager to throw you to the wolves in other words.

2. She seems like a gossiper

It seems like it is time to keep her at arm length. I would live your life and find a support system. Come out when you are ready... but I wouldn't admit to her gossip through the town until you are ready to share that aspect of yourself.

If you are not ready to come out and she spreads this rumor (that happens to be true). I would deny it. If she reaches out and says "why are you ignoring me?" I would then say, "I don't see family roles the same way you do. Someone who truly loves me wouldn't try to hurt me through malicious manners."

Because what she is doing has a malicious intent behind it...the question is..what has she told people about you that may not be true if she is willing to spread this knowledge around that could very well put you in troubling situations.

This isn't the first time she has told stuff to people about you and stuff that may not be true. She seems like a gossip.

Homosexuality wasn't considered a mental illness in all cultures. Mental illness is a loose term at times because what is mental illness in one culture may be spiritual affliction in another or just normal behavior. Just cause she says homosexuality is a mental illness is only a grounded view in one culture. Even in modern american culture it is not even seen as a mental illness anymore.

I would start creating your own family through friends and significant others.

****This is just my viewpoint****

#4 seeking, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  5. jenne

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank you soo much for your answers it really means a lot to me..
    you're all so right but i wish it was that easy to find people that understand me but it's so difficult... i don't think my sister would actually tell everyone about me..the thing that hurts me is that she thinks i'm supposed to feel guilty for being this way.. like i have done something bad.. i will definitely cut her off as much as i can...you know, she didn't ever questioned about anything she is just a normal girl (you know how i mean "normal") and it seems so weird to her...but i know my parents are responsible for her being this way.. they always say gay people are definitely not normal and all that stuff.. (thank god you gave me a brain)

6. seeking

definitely not easy to cut out family. I agree that you should just keep her at a distance.

I personally would see her saying what she said to you about telling people as a threat. I always see that as a form of manipulations. But, i'm the type that believe whatever someone says they always mean on some level.

My mother grew up in a time when homosexuality was a mental illness in this country and I think she was maybe 26 when they removed it from the diagnostic book of mental health. So that is a view heavily ingrained.

But, many cultures accept homosexuality and have for centuries. Especially Rome and Greece I believe it wasn't seen the same way as it has in our recent history. So whenever someone says "Homosexuality has always been seen as mental illness and suddenly it is not." That is actually not true from my understanding of ancient civilizations.

My personal advice is wait until you get financially stable or if you plan on going to college/getting some training for a certain career try going to schools that are in another state that have a huge LGBT scene...even in your own state just far away in that state.

I think coming out takes time.

7. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I'm the kind to close someone out for all time for something like this... but at any rate... put some good distance between you. If, someday, she wants to apologize, then it's up to you whether you want to accept that apology.

8. SpTara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is a pity she said that sort of things to you.

Honestly, I think that she just feels threatened of what people will think of her because her sister is gay, so this is all about her. I believe she thinks that by telling you such things, you will stop being gay or at least you won't come out, so she doesn't have to worry.

Try to put some distance with her, the not knowing what you are going to do I am sure will drive her crazy (she will ask you about it in the future to mesure the hole situation), and she deserves it!

The best thing to do is to look for people who understands you, and I'm sure you will end finding good friends. And there is always the EC people like us to support and help you.

You can do it! And as someone before me said, IT GETS BETTER!