1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ex boyfriend Assosiation ?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Clock dart, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Clock dart

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Earlier this week I broke loose of my anxiety, and let go of a major crush that I had no future with. Although, my ex boyfriend texted me about a Pride meeting and asked me to go with him. The reason we left each other was affected by his questionable sexuality. He learned, though, that after a year, "bareback" sex did not faze him and cuddling made him feel awkward afterwards. He broke down thinking he was heterosexual, which is what he discovered for himself.

He is a big supporter of lgbtqsi+ and now has a girlfriend (she doesn't attend gay pride meetings)

He is not a grabby person and would steer loose of me if I started to show affection. This of course I did not want, but I still had feelings for him. We went to the meeting seeming to have a good time, but I felt awkward and dirty being around someone I genuinely loved. Trying to face reality is a hard thing, whether or not his sexuality is final, and he's lost all feelings in me. After this we talk more over text, and it's getting harder for me to conceal this. Should I brake loose from an accomplished friend who did nothing wrong and had good intentions? I feel like one day we'll be drinking and I'll say something I shouldn't around him, ending our friendship.

I have troubles letting go, and realizing how much reality sucks. :confused:

2. robclem21

This is the second really confusing thread you've now started within the same week. You seem to just be jumping from idea to idea and from person to person without real appreciation for what you want or what you are looking for (friend? boyfriend? something in between? neither?). You seem to have cut a different guy out for no reason and now seem confused on whether or not you should pursue something with your straight ex who is currently in a relationship?

I think you need to take some time and clear your thoughts before jumping from person to person and asking us for opinions on what you should do. I think that would help you answer a lot of these questions.

3. ScottRhys

ScottRhys Guest

Things are still pretty recent between you guys, you're gonna hurt for a bit. i've been through so many 'crushes' and even had to let go of the person I fell for because they weren't interested in my anymore.

I'm not gonna lie, I was devastated. It's okay for you to be too... i found the worse things to be so small and somewhat insignificant... like songs playing that reminded me of him, or seeing his brand of car on the road would make me remember him. As time goes on you WILL move on, because time doesn't stop and neither will your love life. I used to get really upset over hearing a song, but then soon realised that it was JUST a song.

What I'm trying to say to you, from one guy to another, is to not let it get to you. If it hurts... let it hurt. Also, if you're still talking it's always best to bring the problems to the table and talk about them... you'll regret it if you don't. Tell him how you feel and just remember that things will get better. :slight_smile: