1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is bad. Really, really bad.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by William, Jun 22, 2016.

1. William

Alright. Here goes:

So it's this guy who's openly gay at school and he also has a boyfriend who recently graduated. Let's call him, uhhhhh...Stu. Stu and I are constantly at each other's necks. We're both on Student Council, we're both leaders on the M.U.N board (Model U.N) so naturally there's going to be that aura of staunch competition between us plus we're both openly gay. People always assumed we fucking hated each other. We belong to two polar opposite friend groups. Most of my friends are insansley hyper-masculine or they're very, very cool and relaxed girls. While he is with the preppy, WASPY friend group, so there's another dimension of friction. We never spoke/speak to each other. Ever. It's basically forbade by both of our friend groups.

But, one day that barrier was broken down. We were at this train thing for grandparent's day where old men spoke about trains. We were sitting with our respective grandparents across the room then we made eye contact. Upon eye contact, we laughed and looked down. Then, he Snapchatted me. He said, "Kill me." And from there, we had a conversation through Snapchat. We even brought up similar guys we thought were hot. Then he hinted at us hanging out. He said, "Campus is dry af." I sort of repelled that hint and said, "Yeah, I'm out with friends, wish I could help." We continued the rest of our conversation.

Then, the words came. He said, "Man, I'm not sure what I'm going to do when my boyfriend leaves." To which I responded, "Well, you've got like 4 guys to look at for the future, so you're good." He then said, "Well i got you and Owen, the only guys I really would go for." Fuck. I felt kinda bad for having this conversation behind his boyfriend's back, especially after we agreed to "go out" to do sketchy shit in town.

Then we started to talk about whether I would go for a hook-up or not. He kept saying, "After my boyfriend, I'm down for anything." Then I said, "I'm not for hook-ups, I'm more of a romantic type of guy, you know?" He said, "Awww, I would've never guessed." We then spoke of watching House of Cards together and politics.

The next day, I hit him up. We spoke a little bit more and then I fucking fell for him. In the future, I want to go into politics, so a guy that's a good public speaker gets me every time. At any rate, we have a debate conference within ourselves for practice and when he started to speak, I felt a small smile come across my face. I let him win the conference. I couldn't not let him win. He did a great job and was so fucking cute while doing it. God, I literally couldn't stop myself from falling.

So after the conference, I texted him again saying the only reason why I lost was because I didn't get much sleep. Some kid literally led me on and left me very excited for the whole night. After I told him that, it kinda got awkward. He asked, "Why didn't I make a move?" I explained why, then we didn't talk for a few days.

A friend came up to me and said he overheard Stu talking about me to his friends. Apparently, Stu said, "Yeah, like, he got really weird really quick and started moving a little fast." I didn't want to come off that way if I did. But after hearing that, we still didn't talk for a few days.

Then, my best friend brought me up in conversation with Stu and Stu got instantly defensive and said, "Yeah, I was only talking to him to be friends, you know, since we're both gay." Shit again. I'm saying shit because that wasn't even why I was brought up. He just kind of instantly said that. We didn't interact for a whole month after that occurred.

Then, the last day of school came. I was saying bye to all my friends and I was talking to my best of bestes friends since I go to boarding school and I wouldn't see her for 3 months. As I'm talking to her, from across the dining hall he yells, "Bye Will!" I ignored it. Don't know why, but I did. I went to his table, said goodbye to everyone there, but him. Don't know why, just kinda did. He was staring at my out the corner of his eye the whole time.

I sent him two Snapchats that I sent everyone, it was of something funny. He didn't respond. Here's the dilemma: I really fucking like this kid. He said he's going to break up with his boyfriend which is good, but I don't know if he even likes me anymore. Plus, my friends are saying we're not compatible. At all and that if he was my boyfriend, they'd love me like a brother, they'd just hate my choices.

What the fuck should I do? I'm really stuck. Should I try to send him a direct Snap saying like, hey or something? Please help.

TL;DR: Complete opposite friend groups, he has a boyfriend, we spoke a little and flirted slightly, got insanely defensive when I was brought up, I accidentally came off as creepy and a dick.

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Send hm a message and be completely honest. Tell him you are into him, apologize for being awkward, and ask for a restart.

3. robclem21

Why not just talk to him in person... Why do you have to do it through snapchat/

4. William

OnTheHighway - well, I don't know about all that. Perhaps toward the end of summer maybe.

robclem21 - Again, boarding school. He lives in PA I'm in Michigan. Unlessed we FaceTimed, but we're not that close.

5. A Mindful Wolf

Don't do anything with him while he has a boyfriend, even if it is just hooking up. If he's flirting with you even, that's still an emotional affair and unless he has an honest open relationship with his bf, you're helping him betray someone.
    Take it from someone who was in this situation but in the real world (as in not in school/college). It's not worth it, I fell for a guy, we hooked up, and he left at the end of Spring and went back to his boyfriend :slight_smile:. Left me heartbroken and I really don't wanna wish that on anyone cos it's hurts like hell and still does.
    Don't mess around, if you have feelings tell him, you could even ask "why did we never get involved" if you really want, but just keep in mind what I told you about the whole affair thing.

6. William

Well, he told me that he and his boyfriend intend to break up after this summer.

7. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No need to do anything now other than keep talking. You're in different places for a few months anyway. See how things play out with the bf he's allegedly going to break up with, and then you'll see him again in the fall. In the meantime, enjoy your summer and be open to whoever you might meet while you're home.

8. A Mindful Wolf

People will tell you this so that they can fuck you. Sorry to be harsh, and I dunno if it's the case, but while he's in a relationship I don't advise any romance...

9. cakepiecookie

Wait, so he's going to be with his boyfriend till the end of summer, and you won't see him before that anyway? Just leave it for now and see what happens after summer.

10. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also agree that you should not deal with him until he breaks up with his boyfriend also. Like it was mentioned, you have guys who will say that with hopes that it will make it easier to get into your pants just for a hookup while all along, they are not breaking up. I had this done to me and this guy was so persistent. I am so glad that I did not give in because they did not break up and are still going strong.