1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those who are married?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by taken, Jun 25, 2016.

1. taken

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For those of you who are married, how long were you together before you and your partner got married? Who typically proposes?

2. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We were together for 17 years before we got married--but part of that had to do with legality issues.:lol: There wasn't really a proposal in the sense of one person popping the question as it was something we had discussed for years. We always sort of decide things together.

3. Spotofpaint

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was with my girlfriend for a full 8 years before we got married. And like the above post, it was because we were legally unable to marry until recently. As soon as the supreme court passed that law we started planning our wedding and were wed a few months later. It was hard to resist running to the courthouse, but we wanted a real wedding where we could invite loved ones, so we resisted. :icon_bigg

Anyway, I proposed to her. We always knew I'd be the one doing it simply because she's waaay too timid to take charge like that. She's very quiet and reserved and adorable like that. So there was never a question. I proposed to her at the top of the ferris wheel in Atlanta! Very romantic. I had our friends waiting for us at the bottom and when we got off they all clapped and took pictures. Then we all went out afterward for some dinner. Other than the wedding and the honey moon, it's probably the best day of my life.