1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why would someone falsely run around announcing to everyone she's lesbian?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by love23cali, Jun 26, 2016.

1. love23cali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    For the first few months, she'd tell people she was lesbian and would talk somewhat vulgar, saying "p*ssy" here and there. When told she should hook up with some guy, she practically yelled that she was lesbian.

A day or so later, she was talking about a guy she thought was cute.

So I asked her a couple days after that if she was really lesbian. I mostly asked because, obviously, I like women and though she isn't entirely my type, I suppose I thought she was somewhat cute. She grinned widely and said she wasn't. She said she'd hooked up with a couple girls in the past but she wouldn't have sex with any girl that wasn't a virgin. She went on about this for a minute. I was...confused :eusa_thin

Now, she talks about guys. She thinks some guys at work are cute. She's had several relationships with guys. It sounds like several guys text her. She told me that one guy was the only guy who's ever made her orgasm. She mentions men when she talks about finding someone or getting married. I haven't heard her talk about women at all since.

Why was she running around wildly announcing that she's lesbian? It's pretty inconsiderate. It's all just for attention isn't it?

#1 love23cali, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  2. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like she just did it for the attention, which is not a totally uncommon thing. Some women like to use it to get attention from men, which is unfortunate because it makes men think that real lesbians will want to have sex with them too. I have personal experience with how bad that can get.

It is of course possible that she actually is a lesbian and ran back into the closet for some unknown reason. It just seems unlikely from your description of her behavior.

3. cakepiecookie

She sounds like she's still figuring herself out and trying different things on for size. Just ignore her.

4. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd say probably for attention from straight guys, yes.

Seems most guys "have a thing for lesbians", even the homophobic ones, but not real lesbians of course. They either want someone who is a game to them "hard to get" or someone who's probably not gay at all and will "do him and the girl at once"

Really, kind of sickens me to think about. It's already hard enough for straight guys to accept the fact that girls have sexualities too, more so when someone gives them just what they want by claiming to be gay and then being all over them.

Of course I may be wrong, I've been wrong before you know. From my own experience and interpretation it seems the most accurate from my viewpoint, though.

5. killswitch0029

Personally as long as whatever people do doesn't involve or negatively impact me I don't care what they do.

6. Secondrate

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There could be several reasons, or perhaps none at all. People are strange, she very well might have said soemthing she didn't mean to, and lied and lied sort of like a snowball effect, before deciding to stop.

She could have been questioning and her behavior was out of frustration or perhaps just her personality.

And it could have been a simple plea for attention.

7. confusedbubble

I'd step back and let her figure herself out because she's either doing it for attention or she's still figuring herself out and doesn't know where she stands.
    Have you told her that you're interested in her is that why she's gone quiet because all of a sudden she has a valid person and has been put on the spot and doesn't know what to do

8. love23cali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    No. I'm not interested in her. I first noticed her when she was going around talking about being lesbian and "eating p*ssy"...and I guess I thought she was cute enough. But no, she's just too far from being my type.

9. greeneyes

THIS. She sounds young.

10. love23cali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    At work today, I walked into the middle of her sexual joke.

I walked in and a girl said "No! Do it to ---my name---. She'll like it." as she left laughing. I straight out said "No" (not seriously) and noticed this girl, "Rachel" (the girl in question in this thread), walking away with a huge smile while saying "yeah she would".

The girl walking out explained to me that Rachel had been fingering her ice cream.

I'm not out about my bisexuality at work. Speculation is always possible. The people often make sexual jokes and are open minded.

1) Were they acknowledging my (secret) sexuality or was I simply mentioned because I had walked in at the wrong time?

2) Was "Rachel" smiling and saying "yea she would" because she finds me attractive and/or would be down to hook up? Or was it something of a mockery?

11. confusedbubble

Hard to say unless you find out what the joke was about, I'd see how it goes maybe you could invite her for coffee after work one day and see how it goes from there