1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to have kids

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Biboy1995, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Biboy1995

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi I just want to ask on this subject I want to have kids at some point in my life sooner rather than later I have been with my partner for over 2 years now and we are Engaged I love him but I know from comments that he's made that he don't ever want children how do I bring this up as it is kind of a deal breaker as I have always wanted to have kids

2. robclem21

This goes under the topic of things that should be discussed before engagement. If something like this is a deal breaker, chances are you should have already brought it up at some point.

Now, your best option is just to talk to him about it. Hopefully you can get on the same page. Life is full of compromises and so is a successful marriage.

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Open communication is always the best option. Talk about it with him, see how he feels, get an idea of what is important to both of you in the future. Having kids is important to you, so it is worth discussing, especially before making a big commitment. You should always make sure you both know what is important to both of you. I know this may not be what you have in mind, but an idea of a compromise, or something to try things out could be to take in foster kids.

But anyway, discussing kids and the future would do you both good.