1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partner of 4.5 years has stopped loving me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TeaStained, Jul 1, 2016.

1. TeaStained

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know what to do... We're all each other has, but she's never going to be happy with me. Breaking up would do both of us a lot of harm, and she's very depressed and unstable... It'd take me many years to find anything like what I have with her. I've never had another serious relationship.

She's the greatest piece of joy that's ever been in my life. I was planning to propose. I feel so lost.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If she's depressed and unstable, then it might be the case that she needs some help - counseling, etc. Has she tried pursuing this as an option, or has it been brought up?

One thing I do want to suggest - try not to make yourself responsible for her happiness and well-being. There are some forms of help (professional psychological/medical) that you can't find inside of a relationship, and it's both normal and healthy to seek it elsewhere. If she's not getting that, then I hope it's something that she's able to explore. Getting you both on firmer ground so that you can return to each other with firmer footing would be a great start.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try not to think in terms of absolutes ("all", "never", etc.). What you can do is direct her to a professional counselor/therapist who can help her. You should not be her only source of support, especially when you are being stressed out yourself.