1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to avoid the "confused teenager" comment

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SnixxJuice, Jul 2, 2016.

1. SnixxJuice

I am 99% sure I'm a lesbian. I'm not confused. However, that's not what my family will say. They aren't homophobic, they just don't understand. I don't know how I can tell them I'm not confused without sounding like a "stubborn teenager." I want to be out, but I don't want to be a "confused teenager" OR a "stubborn teenager.

2. love23cali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Don't worry if they do not believe you. At that point, you will have done your job...so when you do bring a girl home, they shouldn't be surprised. They'll believe you then. If not, oh well...just continue on with your dating life!

3. Embi

Embi Guest

Maybe tell them that you want them to accept you for who you are and that it hurts you, when they don't acknowledge your feelings. Explain to them that you thought about this for a very long time and that your feelings are real and deserve respect. Hopefully they will understand then. If not, you have to give them time and wait, like the others mentioned.