1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should I fight for her? or did i miss my chance?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hopelesskid, Jul 2, 2016.

1. hopelesskid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This girl Shelby, I really like her. I've known her since 3rd grade; however after 4th grade we lost touch and didn't see her again until high school. however after sophomore year she moved but we kept in touch. Monday she posted this on facebook
    "I hate the fact that I feel so ugly when I don't have any makeup on. It's pathetic. All these beauty standards slapping females (AND males) in the face. It's a struggle to love myself when I dont fit that stereotype. And when a man looks at me and tells me I'm beautiful I can't believe him. Fuck beauty standards."
    so I finally had the guts to tell her how I felt through a message on facebook and this is how the conversion goes.
    -Hey Shelby, don't feel that way. You're beautiful with or with makeup. And idk if you want to hear this but, I kinda used to have a crush on you in high school. Lol
    -Really?
    -Yeah
    -Because your smart, funny, cute, and your really ambitious. Who wouldn't want that in a girl? And sometimes you can be shy, but I think that's really sweet. And I know you have self doubt, hell even I have it. But once you push through that you can have a great future.
    -That means so much to me. Thank you.
    -Your welcome, I meant every word of it.
    -heart emoji
    -Hey just wondering, if I would've told you I liked you in high school. How you would've reacted?
    -In high school I was crushing on my best friend Heaven and then another girl. But idk I'm not sure.
    -Ah, ok. Well I know this is out of the blue. And if you're seeing anyone, I don't mean any disrespect when I ask you this... But, do I have a chance of being with you?
    -I'm sorry but I am seeing someone.
    - No, problem. I wish you the best, and I hope that they make you happy. If you ever need anything I'm there
    -Thank you. Same for you
    I feel like I didn't say enough for her to even think about me in that way. I know this is wrong but I feel like I should break them up. should I tell her that I love her? I feel like I can love her better than the persons she's with. should I wait for them to break up? they haven't been together that long. what should I do?

2. A Mindful Wolf

I know you're feeling a particular way, but you actually said A LOT, hell, you straight up hit on her and asked her out!! She knows how you feel and she's doing the right thing by telling you straight because not doing that would be stringing you along and that would just be wrong.
    For now you should NOT try to break them up, that's not your place and it wouldn't be right of you. What you DO know is that there is hope for you if she breaks up naturally. Right now you have a decision to either move on or wait patiently for something that may never happen.

Good luck x