1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She bought tickets to meet me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by treasure1996, Jul 4, 2016.

1. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Long story short: It's been a week of talking to this girl who lives in another country, things moved fast - we fell for each other so quick; began falling asleep on the phone together, talking 24/7, Skype dates etc.

She is honestly perfect, exactly my type, there is no language barrier, our culture is very similar and the distance between us by plane is a couple hours. I was so scared and and afraid of falling for a girl who lives in another country and I didn't intend on it happening; in fact it all began as fun and games.

She messaged me today and has bought flights to see me. Side note: we are both still in school (17 years old however). Of coarse my first reaction to this news was that I was overjoyed and ecstatic, she is staying for 4 nights - the problem is however.. what on earth will I tell my parents??

I am in the midst of studying for exams, my parents are not strict but they have boundaries and I am not out to either yet. She will be getting a hotel in the center of the City and wants me to be staying with her. I'm feeling so many feelings all at once - scared, shocked, worried, happy, nervous, excited. I know I will clearly see her and I am determined to find a way to stay with her for the majority of the time she is here - as in stay the nights at her hotel.

I came out to my sister today via text - she was very accepting, wasn't a big deal, I told her so that she could help me with this situation. She isn't home yet, but I just need ideas or ways I can go about seeing this girl??? My mums the type to let me do sleepovers with best friends whom she knows, but probably would not be okay with me having a 'sleepover' multiple nights in a row. I'm contemplating going M.I.A for the time she is here and dealing with the consequences after she leaves...

2. juanma

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't really know much about your relation with you parents, or how would they react, but have you considered just telling them? This kind of lies usually get nowhere but resentment and sometimes anger. Think about it this way: They are your parents, they raised you, they settled your values, so then you'll probably like the same kind of people. Maybe you could even make a dinner or something together with them and tell them she's your friend. Let them know her as a friend, see she's a good girl, make them get along her, and then you can talk to them about what's going on between you two.
    Apart from that, I feel like you have to take into account that when knowing new people you must be always cautious, even thought you have said you talk on the phone until you fall asleep and Skype and all that. Do it in a public place with other people around, ay least the first time, take care of yourself.
    And, last but not least, study for your exams anyways! I guess she'll understand if you have to study, maybe she even helps you :wink:
    Best of the lucks wth everything! Hope everything solves :slight_smile: