1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blended Family

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by IamCasey, Jul 4, 2016.

1. IamCasey

My Dad got married again to a woman who has 2 kids. 15 yo boy and 13 year old girl. He told my big bro and me about the marriage about a week before. Never met her or the kids until after the marriage. Spent some time with them and was worried we weren't going to get along (they do not know I am gay yet) Turns out Seth is pretty cool and we have a common goal and that is to torment his sister who is my age. She is really pretty but has the wrong attitude about it. Seth and I like a lot of the same things and he even lets me hang with him and his friends when I am at Dad's.

My question is should I tell him I am gay. Big Bro says just let it happen. Dad said that it would be best to wait until he gets to know me more. Mom says to tell him now so he won't get mad because I kept it a secret. What do you all think?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say it's up to you. If you want to tell him, tell him. :slight_smile: Your dad may simply be nervous - sometimes parents will resist you coming out, for fear that something might happen or someone might not take the news well. But in the end it's your decision.

Oh, and maybe lay off of your step-sister for a bit - it's hard to have the right attitude when you're being "tormented." :icon_wink