1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't want him to go

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by yeahyeah, Jul 6, 2016.

1. yeahyeah

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I broke up with my ex almost four months ago, we still talk to each other and we are friends. Lately I've felt he doesn't want to talk to me a lot. I don't know if he is bored of me or if he is just super busy. I miss to do a lot of things we used to do, I want to be his friend and I don't want to make him uncomfortable. What should I do? Should I wait until he starts the conversation? I don't want him to go and I don't want to push him away from my friendship.

2. DalBCN

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have found if a man consistently doesn't make an effort to spend time with you--be it work, being "sick" or "tired," and so on--he's not interested in you.

This applies to acquaintances, friends, BFs.

If you're okay with reaching out, continue doing so. But don't expect him to appreciate, or even realise, your effort.

3. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes an ex can't go back to being a friend without a period of absence. Time for you both to become fully over each other in a romantic capacity.

It might not be the case for the two of you but maybe one of you is still romantically attracted which is a recipe for disaster when new partners are introduced at some point in the future. There is no point trying to force a friendship where one isn't possible because it will only cause pain for someone.

If he wants space, let him have it. If you can't cope with that, tell him. Either way you will have to be ready to compromise on your goal of a friendship.