1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helping Her

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ETCA, Jul 7, 2016.

1. ETCA

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Background: first relationship and I still have no clue what I'm doing or if I'm doing it right at all, I constantly feel like I suck at it but she says I'm doing fine, so trusting her word on this. 3 months anniversary was two days ago, and my girlfriend has a long history of crappy family and personal tragedies. We also have an obsession with phone calls.

Last night she calls me, its fine and dandy, I can tell she's had a bit of a rough day, but I'm not the kind of person to push for these things, so I figure she'll tell me in due time. She eventually tells me several of the situation that are going on, close deaths, tens of thousands of missing dollars, she was in physical pain, and just overall problems. I listened, I comforted how I knew to, but when she started crying, I had nothing. Usually, physical contact is how I comfort someone who is crying, but I can't exactly do that over the phone. And I knew what was going on, so that wasn't needed. And overall I felt, like there was nothing I could do.

Overall, I don't love her yet, but I do care for her A LOT, and my heart is hurting for her and I hate the fact that I can do nothing to even comfort her over ANY of this. It's killing me, but I don't have anyone to ask in my personal life, and any advice from someone who actually knows what they're doing would be incredible and amazing and greatly appreciated.:eusa_doh:

2. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is a bit of a tough one... Because I am lousy at comforting people no matter my relationship to them. So I would try and find a silly little something to get that person. A funny card, a cute stuffed animal. Nothing super expensive, just a little something to say "hey, I was thinking of you. Hope things get better"

Next time you see them in person, let them know that you are there for them. Even if you don't know how to help.