1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom let me down all the time

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by rrnb, Jul 11, 2016.

1. rrnb

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    (PS: sorry about my English, my mother language is portuguese actually.)
    It's becoming more and more impossible to live with my mother. I'm bisexual, an atheist and a intersec feminist. She's the most ignorant person that I know: racist, sexist, homofobic, transfobic and everything that I hate. I've tried to talk with her, to explain why the things that she says are horrible, but she just doesn't want to listen me and keeps saying that it's her opinion, which doesn't make her words less offensive. Next year I'm gonna move on alone to a city that is like 3 hours from where I'm now and that's basically the only thing that keeps me going, but there's 8 months left in this hell!!! I spend all my days in my bedroom avoiding her and I feel stuck in here. It's sad for me to see so much open-minded people on internet and know that my own mother is so different... I love her, but she makes me so sad sometimes, I'm not happy with our relationship and I fear that it won't get better. I never told her I'm bisexual (my sister told me that she suspects thay I'm not straight tho) and I think she won't accept and understand me...

2. Snoww

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand what you're going through, my dad is the same, except I have 4 more years to go until I can move out and I don't know if I even could be able to move out. My relationship with him is not good at all, I don't think it will get better, and I also spend all my days in my room, escaping from my parents.

The only thing I can tell you is, you can do it. It's only 8 months until you have complete freedom from her, and then you can slip away into the magic of an lgbt life without living with someone who brings you down. I believe in you. Good luck!