1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with monogamous bisexuals

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Godless, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Godless

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Having only ever been with my wife, I really want to kiss a man. I want to experiment with men. I am afraid that doing that would ruin my marriage. I'm in love and happily married, but do bisexual men ever have similar problems?

2. INTJ

Out Status:
    Some people
    This is something you need to discuss with your wife. The last thing you would want to do is go experimenting behind her back. The biggest issue is that your wife is going to feel insecure about herself due to the fact that you want to experiment with other people, so reassure her that it doesn't mean you love her any less. Depending on the level of support, she may raise objections and you must be able to answer those objections to give her the security she needs. My biggest advice for this is just figure out how you would feel and the objections you would raise if she was in your situation.

Goodluck

3. Godless

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks. She knows I feel this way and I'm not sure if she would be open to it. However, is it possible to do something like that without ruining a relationship? I've never understood why people get so emotional about sex, but I've also never seen anyone successfully pull something like that off.

4. smurf

Its actually way more common than people realized. It just happens that many people don't talk about it because there is still stigma of being in an open relationship.

I have met couples who have been in an open relationship for more than 20 years and they are still happily together. I have met people who easily manage to have polyamorous relationships with more than 2 people and everyone is happy in the arrangement. Its possible!

The tricky part for most people is that there isn't a script for having a non-monogamous relationship, which is why people freak about about sex. They have no idea how else to react to it.

If you are serious about opening up your relationship, I would suggest reading various books about it all. I know, doesn't sound sexy, but most relationships that fail is due to them not having enough tools to tackle some of the problems that they will tackle in the fututre.

My favorite books to give you an introductory to Non-monogamy are The Ethical Slut and More Than Two

5. Godless

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks I'll look into it. I guess I'm not really looking for an open relationship permanently. I just want to have a little fun for a short time experimenting. Is that normal?

6. smurf

Yep, the relationship can look however you guys decide. It can be a one time thing, a period of time, or whatever else you both feel most comfortable with.

The key to it is intentional and honest communication through it all. Honesty isn't easy, but its worth it at the end.

A lot of straight couples find swinging parties as an easy way to try this out since the swinger community has parameters already set that most people are comfortable with.

7. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You aren't alone, I'm bi and am married to a woman. Granted I'm not curious about it, I know I like both.

As the others said, communication and honesty. That's pretty much the key for all aspects of marriage though. I am currently working on how to tell me wife how I feel. Probably the most difficult thing I have had to do in our marriage thus far.