1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loving an aro person

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ForNarnia, Jul 15, 2016.

1. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    What does one do when confronted with the possibility of being in love with an aro person? I'm aware that some aros do engage in romantic relationships, but any general advice would be really useful right about now. Thank guys xx

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say the boundaries are the same as in any other case. If they want the same thing you want, then great. :slight_smile: If they don't, then it's a no go. Have you talked with them about it?

3. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've tried, but I don't feel like I'm really getting anywhere :/

4. KaySee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It varies from person to person. Personally and as an aromantic, I don't like being expected to act romantically. I don't feel romantic attraction to someone, but I could do a romantic relationship. Having my feelings and actions interpreted as romantic is extremely uncomfortable.

For people on the other side of the spectrum, the romantic actions and feelings of other people are extremely uncomfortable. But those people on the really far side just don't get into romantic relationships. Both of you need to know your boundaries, so I suggest talking. But even then there are things neither of you will understand until later.