1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm in love with my best friend...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GayBatman, Jul 18, 2016.

1. GayBatman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For the past couple of months, whenever I would think about guys, I could only think of my best friend. Not even sexually at first. I basically spend every night laying in bed and wishing he was next to me. I've never felt this way about anybody. He's straight, so am I wasting time thinking about what can never be?

2. oraluxjack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If he is 100% straight then yes, you are waisting your time.
    The best thing to do is to let time fix everything. Crushes are a little hard to get over but you should be all set after a couple of months.

3. thewinejar

Respectfully disagree :frowning2: I wish this were true...

4. robclem21

Respectfully agree. If you are not over this after a couple months, then you need to try some new strategies to handle your emotions and find new constructive outlets for dealing with crushes and moving on. A few months should be more than enough time.

In the meantime, you should try finding new outlets for your attraction (i.e. maybe look for new partners), maybe limit time spent with him alone or in intimate/romantic/one-on-one situations, try to continually tell yourself that it won't work. I know it can be tough, but if he is in fact straight, then don't waste time getting more attracted. Will only make it harder in the end.