1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attention seeking behaviours

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PerdHapley, Jul 18, 2016.

1. PerdHapley

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In the past week I've noticed that I have always craved attention and approval from the opposite sex. It's quite unhealthy consdering it will be my sole mission for ages but when I do get what I want I start to lose interest once the stasfication fades. Deep down inside it's meaningless to me and yet I need it. Almost like an addiction.

Does anybody else do this and/or have any insight into this?

2. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really can't give a substantial response to your post because everyone has a different perspective on this subject matter that some thinks its okay while others think that ... like you said an addiction. For example, I met this guy a while back and initially, things got to a good start until I picked up right away that he thrived on getting attention from others and with him, it did not matter if you were a male or female, he just loved attention. I found out that he was on every social media page that was out there and the majority of his pictures were very provocative to say the least. The more likes and comments he got, the more motivated it made him to take off all of his clothes. He went so far as to share a lot of personal information on social media which I felt was no one business and it wasn't cool to share every detail of your life on these sites. Prior to going our separate ways, we would go out to dinner or he would be my date to special events and the first thing he would do is pull out his phone to take pictures to post. He would even take pictures of his food. Although, he knew I was a pretty private guy, this really did not sit well with him and he tried to change me which was a total no no. What was the final straw is when he tried to take a picture of me in the shower or lying in bed with no clothes on. Afterwards, I began to discover that I was not the only one who had issues with this guy's obsession with attention. Whomever he was dating afterwards ...the relationship did not last long and there were quite a few guys due to this behavior. He was staying with his parents and while they were at work, he took naked pictures of himself posing in various rooms of the house....even in the shower. However, his family members also had access to his social media pages and alert his parents what was taken place while they were away which they were not pleased. Nonetheless, there are other people out there who have the same fascination with attention as yourself. So, you are not alone.