1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does he really like me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Hugger115, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Hugger115

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I went on 2 dates in 2 days with this guy and I had a great time with him (think he enjoyed them too) and both times he asked me when he'd see me again. He's gone away for a week now with work but he never replies to my stuff properly and only about once a day, if at all. I feel like I want to just chat with him all day long, but does this mean that he's just not that into me and was being polite or could he be genuinely that busy with work not to reply? P.S. I made a blank profile on Gr*ndr and I see that he's online about 2 or 3 times a day :frowning2: Thanks for reading

2. Mormon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    "He never replies to my stuff properly and only about once a day, if at all."

How often do you contact him every day? If you contact him a lot, you might be coming off as being too clingy.

3. Southpaw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well if he's responding to you and you are then responding back and so on then I don't see how people call that "clingy". Surely that's just being friendly. Ok, if you are sending him a ton of messages one after the other then that's probably OTT.

If he's taking his time responding to you then that's quite rude. And if he's on a social media site and then apparently not having time to contact you then that sadly tells you everything.

Don't be a door mat - but give him the benefit of the doubt for a while. You don't want to mess something up that could be good.

4. iquazz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The best thing to do in this situation would be to talk to him about it. If you do and he understands, problem solved. If he doesn't, you probably shouldn't be together. But if you don't you're just making yourself feel worse and worse, and potentially wasting your time(*hug*)

5. Mormon

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, as Southpaw said, it really depends on the way you're contacting him - are you sending him too many msgs that he doesn't reply to or are you just sending him msgs only when he replies to them? Your OP is a little ambiquous.

From personal experience, I can admit that waiting for the guy you like to respond to a txt is completely nerve-wrecking, especially if they go whole days without responding. But there are various reasons why he mightn't be replying, that doesn't necessarily mean he's not interested ... maybe he's busy, maybe he's a little afraid of saying something stupid in his txts so he's not saying anything in case he scares you off, or maybe he's telling the truth and has way too much work atm. The fact that he's still using G rindr is certainly a worrying sign - your best bet is to just ask him if he's still interested and, if so, why hasn't he replied to your msgs. But, if he isn't interested, he mightn't even bother replying to that question.

#5 Mormon, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  6. Hugger115

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    We spoke earlier today, but it was just Me: How's it going. Him: Busy, got a big presentation tomorrow. How about you? Me:I'm good. What's the presentation for?
    Then no response from him. There is a chance my messages aren't getting through on fb because there have been a few thing's he's seemed to ignore or not acknowledged what was in them, including once to sort out a date which 'came through' when I sent one asking for a response (the date was meant to be later that day). I don't know if that's just an easy excuse though - it's never happened to me…

I think I'm just gonna wait until he gets back and try and meet up with him then. I'll talk about it if he's still bad at replying and *especially* if he still uses the apps when he's back with me, but it's just the waiting and worrying who he's talking to on Gr*ndr right now that's tough :/

Like Southpaw said, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for a few days and only 'confront' him if I can't take it, but he seemed to be really into me in person, so fingers cautiously crossed for now :slight_smile: