1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From the "friend-zoned problems" pile

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by standalone, Jul 19, 2016.

1. standalone

The problem: I love her.
    The other problem: she's straight, maybe slightly homophobic even.
    The biggest problem: I'm bound to see her every day, so I can't just piss off and move on.
    What do I do? How do I forget someone who's always around?

Talking to her is out of the question. I think she knows how I feel, or fears I feel the way I do, and I believe she'll stab me in the eye if I so much as try to bring it up. I can't get away as we share the desk at work, and for reasons irrelevant to this subject, I can't resign right now. Only option I can think of is keeping silent and leaving as soon as possible. But I fear I'll get myself stabbed before having the chance to leave.

If anyone has an idea that would help me out of this limbo, I do encourage sharing it.

Thanks.

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm assuming that it's impossible for you to change desks at work. In the meantime, consider working on reframing the way you think about her. Remind yourself that she is your coworker and resolve to keep your relationship professional. I know it's hard. Keep your mind focused on your work. Steer any conversation towards work or just basic small talk between two people that share a desk.

3. standalone

That worked perfectly the first 8 months, but it gradually went all to hell.

It's a lot more complicated, but I'm trying to keep short. See, we're quite close. Very. In her words: we're like a couple. Except we aren't. A number of people comment when seeing us together, or have the "just friends?" look. So there's ground to move forward, yet she won't have it. Hence my confusion. And this confusion builds up and I start to feel helpless and then pissed and just want to fuck her off and move along. But that's not easily possible at the moment (hence my initial post :slight_smile:).

Thank you for your reply. The notion of having shared this crap with someone makes me feel surprisingly relived. Also typing it out, made me focus my thoughts, and clear the picture. So, again, thank you!

Also, very cool you like the avatar. That show has all the worlds wisdom in it.