1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to cope with not being able to see him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Brandiac, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone, I'm just posting a quickie here because I really need some reassuring words, you know the more the better... so there is this guy I've fallen for a few months ago, and the same thing happened on his side as well. We were both going through a rough patch and that provided a perfect opportunity for things to just spontaneously develop, not planned at all... but the thing is we've got some distance between eachother, countries in fact. Now I know what some people are going to say "How can you be sure you like him then?" and so forth but people with such specific needs as myself (or him for that matter), have no better way of finding the one and I am fairly certain that it's him, I just need to give this a lot of time and then some more... because sadly a plan to see eachother failed due to money issues. It's just so frustrating, it only takes 60 minutes by plane, incredibly annoying! And I get to hear the planes flying overhead every 5 minutes due to living close to the airport...
    I'm going to go on a vacation away from this place because I can't bear hearing the planes all the time and getting reminded of how I can't touch him and kiss him like I would want to... for now that is. We're literally doing everything humanly possible from the other side of the screen... Instead of three weeks we now have to wait almost 5 months... and he's doing his best to help me through this, which I appreciate more than I can say. I took the failed opportunity for granted no matter how much I was trying not to. But I need you to give me advice as well. How can I pass the time? How do I time travel into the future to be with him sooner?
    At least the good news is that after this waiting period there will be chances for very frequent visits... I just have to make it there...

Thanks for any feedback and suggestions! (&&&)

#1 Brandiac, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2016
  2. Ben369

Ben369 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi @EncagedPhoenix,

Sometimes we can become anxious and frustrated as we anticipate the favorable things our that is ahead of us in the future, and our minds will make us feel its so near yet so far and would want to immediately get to the result. As much as we would like, life doesn't go our way most of the time and time will also move according to its own pace. This is something beyond our control.

I am aware its not easy, but try to just feel this feeling inside of you. Let it fill entirely inside your body and just let it be. Pay attention to your breathing and count your breath if you have to. Breath in and breath out. As you feel your heart racing, chest tightening, and your mind flashing all sorts of stories in your head, try to just let it be. Try to sense that despite all these process that is going on inside you, you are still You. Awareness. Still aware of these process, thoughts, feelings and emotions racing inside you. Just try to observe this feelings and not do anything. Often our minds tell us we can't bear the emotions because its too painful and wish it would just go away. But feelings will be there to stay. Trying to hold back and going against the feeling will only make it worst. But you don't have to listen to your mind telling you its difficult to bear. Its just feelings. That's all it is. Let is express itself within you. Despite the feelings, you are still you, being aware of the feelings itself. As you observe the feelings, and not do anything, eventually it will go away. I hope this make sense to you.

I would also try to express all that emotional energy into something more constructive by jogging outside, gym or writing it all out in a letter etc. It helps with processing the thoughts and emotions. You can also distract yourself with other favorite activities.

There was my favorite saying that goes:

If you already know you can't solve the problem, why worry?
    If you know you can solve the problem, why worry too?

My thoughts,

Ben

#2 Ben369, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016