1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avoiding meeting family and friends because feel like can't hide sexuality anymore?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dobby, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Dobby

Out Status:
    A few people
    i have been avoiding the distant family that i usually see a handful of times a year and the long term friends (that i'm not out to...which is 99%) that i used to see a few times a year when we were in the same area.

because i think if we meet up it will escape my mouth because it's always on my mind and i don't want to say it yet. and if i don't say anything if i see them i feel like I'm lying.

i saw a friend last week that i had been putting off seeing for months (yes i am a nightmare) and enjoyed our time together but i was so conscious that i was actively hiding part of myself.

whats my question..i suppose i am admitting i find the closet lonely. and wondered if anyone can relate? or has advice?

2. Alexrocks1253

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: Avoiding meeting family and friends because feel like can't hide sexuality anymor

Hey. If they are your true friends, they'll accept you for who you are. It really won't matter in the friendship once you tell them (except for they'll be using the correct term for your partner: "girlfriend") Hope that this helps.

3. mscoopo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: Avoiding meeting family and friends because feel like can't hide sexuality anymor

Agreed