1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My gaydar is broken, cant tell if she likes me or if im overanalyzing.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Saturn2, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Saturn2

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There's this new cashier I work with, & I always notice her looking at me. I work in the shoe department directly across from the checkouts. She always walks away from her register and I see her looking over in shoes. We never usually get a lot of opportunity to speak, because of different hours/departments. but the other day while I was joking around with another coworker, I noticed her looking at me again, but this time smiling.. She is very quiet & I never even see her speaking with the other cashiers.
    I spoke to her today, I feel like she subtlety flirted with me. I gave her jewelry for a customer ( where I work we have to get the jewlery out and hand it to the cashier then the customer waits in line) I gave her the jewelry, she looks over at me and smirks and goes "is this for me" I said you wish and laughed. Which is good for me with flirty comebacks Typically I'd just say "no..it's for the customer" looking back I should've said yes ehhhh. but other than that she doesn't talk much, she just listens to when I speak to other cashiers and stuff but I feel like she kinda flirted.
    Also, I was getting ready to clock out & i noticed she needed a price check so i (tried) to follow her to help her since I work in that department, but I got stuck behind the slowest old lady. She kept looking back to see if I was there but I wound up pussying out and leaving because i felt like she thought I was following her in a creepy way

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're looking for ways to talk and get to know her more, try inviting her to hang out outside of work sometime - there will be fewer interruptions, and outside of the professional environment, it may be easier for both of you to open up a bit.

It might sound like an odd thing to do, but it could be anything - coffee, movie, lunch after/before a shift, you need someone to help you out buying a new shirt, table, desk, whatever. People ask that sort of thing all the time, and if you're feeling really nervous, just ask yourself - what would you say if she asked you to hang out? :slight_smile:

3. SpTara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG this is so cute :slight_smile:

Try to ask her to have a beer with you or something! If you are too shy, maybe you could ask some other colleagues or friends of yours to come too?? It would be a good situation to break the ice and if it goes fine, maybe you can try and meet her alone in a friendly way to see if your gaydar detects something... If it does, then you'll work from there :wink:

Go go go!

4. Saturn2

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks guys!! I've thought about giving her my number, this way we can speak outside of work and maybe make plans, but i'm worried about coming on too strong & fast. I'm going to see how the next few days go with her.:slight_smile:)

5. confusedbubble

You could maybe try add her on social media if she's on there, that'll maybe allow you to message her through that and it wouldn't seem like you're coming on too strong... People add work contacts on social media every day so it wouldn't seem like you was being too full on too quickly you could maybe say something like hey you on fb I'll add you if you want

6. svloureiro

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Have you checked her social medias? (Facebook has a 'Who do you prefer' section in the About, Instagram, etc.)
    Is she in a relationship? (If yes, ABORT MISSION & keep crushing)

Above all keep what you got going for yourself -with the subtle flirting... find more ways to talk to her and see where that brings you too, Good Luck!

(Btw, giving your phone # to a coworker is normal, it's all about the delivery)

7. SpTara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The social media stuff is a good idea... If you talk to her or have a beer with her you could bring it up and see if she wants to be Fb friends or something.

Whatever you do, you should keep us posted :icon_bigg

8. Saturn2

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree, it is a good idea. But I would have to talk to her about social media though because i cant find her on anything... I should see her tomorrow.. I was supposed to see her today, but she called out hopefully she doesnt call out tomorrow bleh.

9. SpTara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ahh l'amour...! lol

Tomorrow, the day after tomorrow... She'll be back and you'll have your chance to talk to her! :icon_wink

10. Saturn2

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    so I saw her today & got a chance to get in her line.. When she saw me I noticed she got more jittery. I asked her if she likes being cashier, she doesn't. I explained to her i hated it too and moved to apparel xD and she was asking me questions like how long i've worked there and such. The thing I noticed most though was when she handed me my bag, she made long eye contact with me and was smiling.

11. confusedbubble

Sounds like there could be something there keep talking to her and get to know her maybe try catch her on a coffee break or break or something and have a chat with her again

12. SpTara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah definitely! I have a question, are you out of the closet at work? Or do you think she knows about you?

13. Saturn2

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ok thats good ! & I'm out to a few people, not everyone. She doesn't know i'm gay. i'll have to find a way to come out to her and see how she responds.

14. SpTara

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So... Anything we should know?

15. Saturn2

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sadly, no.. except i saw her today and we just exchanged awkward hellos and side glances at eachother. This whole week is inventory so I've been in the back and not on the actual floor where I can see her often. I try to sneak out and walk past her to get her attention whenever i can xD She may be in tomorrow also, not 100% sure.

---------- Post added 3rd Aug 2016 at 05:58 PM ----------

&Thanks for asking, checking back, and continuing to help ! it helps a lot .

16. Saturn2

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Giant update. I got my friend to give her my number. In person, we still rarely talk since we don't see eachother a lot at work.. but despite that and despite having a stranger give her my number she still texted, it took her a day, but she still texted. If I was her in this situation, with someone else I wouldn't of texted unless of course I was interested. That's how I see it. She also could be a friendly straight. I gotta find that out some how. She is kind of a boring texter. she always answers me though. Even if I send her like a 2 or 3 word text she'll find something to keep the conversation going. Buut that's what's been up..

17. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some people are not so talkative via texting or other social media, so it is important to try to arrange an in-person meeting, either some activity or just something as simple as lunch/coffee.