1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family members dont respect my gender identity

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Cloudson, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Cloudson

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I came out to my family abt half a year ago as transgender ftm. However, after explaining myself over and over again and making them read stuff about gender dysphoria, my parents still disregard my gender identity and treated like it never happened before.

I'm depressed, and mostly angry about the passive attitude they have. They still call me she/her, use my birth name even i have told them that I don't go by it at college anymore.
    It's frustrating to explain myself over and over again and knowing that they wont support me what-so-ever.

Any tranguy/transgirl here don't have parents by your side? How do you deal with them and what do you plan to do to in the near future?

As for me, I plan to start T anyways without their consent (i'm turning 19).

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't mind your parents. Be yourself! You know you're doing what's best for you, so it doesn't matter what they think! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

(*hug*)

3. happygrandma

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Be true to yourself... hopefully they will come around...

4. Austin226

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not out to my parents, but I'm about 95% sure neither of them would support me if and when I come out. When I'm eighteen and able to support myself, I plan to come out to them (if I'm not already by then) and transition, with or without their acceptance. At the end of the day, it's my life and I need to transition even if it's not what my parents want. It definitely sucks to not have the support of your family, but hopefully you've got some close friends and a strong support system outside of your parents. Best of luck to you, and I hope they come around :slight_smile: