1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you prevent a straight crush?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by thewizard, Jul 28, 2016.

1. thewizard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I know the tips for once you fall for that straight guy/girl, but is there any way to preven it from happening especially when you meet a new person? I know you can't control the heart or anything, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any strategies they use.

2. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish ... I'm sorry

3. faustian1

Eventually, there is.

At some point, you will have your last "straight" crush, one that will piss you off (mostly at yourself) so much, that your anger lasts for years. During that time, you won't be susceptible to falling for unavailable people.

And it should be ourselves that we get pissed off at. While it's true that some of the "straight" people we have crushes on tend to send inconvenient, "ambiguous" messages that keep our attention alive, it ultimately is our own fault for letting them do this in the first place.

You'll get to a point where, if someone doesn't express an unambiguous interest in you in a fairly short period of time, you'll conclude they're not interested.

Unfortunately, this "solution" to your question isn't all that helpful to you today...I do understand that.

#3 faustian1, Jul 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016