1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think he's a bottom

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PillsHere, Aug 4, 2016.

1. PillsHere

Just posting that title and implying it to be an "issue" aggravates me to no end. There'll be a TL;DR at the bottom.

So this guy hits me up on ******, he's fairly shy and not essentially into a hook-ups, regardless we decide to meet up and we hit it off really well. I could tell right away his company was enjoyable. Within a week of knowing eachother he could make me smile just by looking at me the right way.

Past 2 - 3 weeks we have been seeing each other almost every single day or night, he's taking a while to open up because he recently got out of a love-interest that destroyed him emotionally. I'm being slow and biding my time (we haven't even so much as kissed, and he seems to be uncomfortable with initiating contact) but I don't really mind because I really like him and am willing to wait.
    However, what I've gathered so far from questions is that he likes being the "little spoon" (he's 6'1, I'm 5'7) he likes to be the one being "held". Just the past couple days he's gotten more comfortable with physical contact like cuddling, but it always involves him being in a submissive position. He's also very "posh" in the sense he doesn't really like to get his hands dirty, I, on the other hand, am very masculine. Which may be confusing him and making him believe I am a top.

Now my ****** states (I believe 3 times) that I am a bottom, even a short sentence explaining I don't like to top. I had assumed (stupid me, assuming) that he actually read at least the first sentence of my profile (which again, first statement is "I'm a masculine BOTTOM.") Hence why I didn't even think of this being a problem until he started opening up to the cuddling stuff, otherwise I would've asked during our first meeting.
    Now if it comes down to that, I really wouldn't want something like this to be a deal-breaker, I really like this guy a lot and he seems to be opening into really liking me. If it were the case I'd really wanna try to make it work.

I just don't know how to go about the situation? Should I just flat out tell/ask him? I'm more afraid that if I do, and I'm right, that it may be a deal breaker FOR HIM. I may be completely wrong, as the only thing that I have to base this off of is he's kinda "girly" in a physical labor sense, and he seems to be submissive in terms of physical contact.
    I just don't want to continue this to where it gets really serious and then one day when we try to get physical it turns into a big confusing mess of "well I thought you were a (insert sexual position role.)"

I know it sounds ridiculous, but this is a serious issue for me, because if it came down to "you have to be the top or it won't work" I cannot do it, the thought of playing that role in a relationship just completely turns me off, I can't really help it. :eusa_doh:

TL;DR
    Met a guy on ******, we met, really liked him a lot, he was emotionally destroyed from ex so we've been seeing eachother 3 weeks now with no form of physical contact outside of cuddling (which only began about 3 days ago,) results in him always being in the submissive position and he's poshy making it seem like he very might well be a bottom, I'm confused because I make it clear on my profile that we met on that I am a strict bottom so I had assumed he was a top otherwise why would he want to date me? Unless he didn't read. I would've asked him preference on first date otherwise, but am now emotionally invested and afraid to ask in fear of it breaking the relationship.

#1 PillsHere, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  2. CameOutSwinging

I actually think it's totally fair to bring it up in conversation now. Be honest about it. Communication is the key to every relationship. Perhaps ask him what he likes to do sexually, don't approach it from "hey are you a bottom?" but rather from "hey, we're getting more physical, and sex could be on the table, so what do you like sexually?" That should give you answers. If it turns out he is a bottom too, you can then talk about what that means. Can you both become more versatile for each other for the sake of being together? Are there other options (toys? threesomes?) that you would be comfortable exploring together? It could be that you're just not compatible for this reason, which is as valid as anything else. But it could also be something that you could figure out. You just won't know until you talk it through.

3. banana1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm single af and you are complaining about your sex life...
    ever heard of toys or BJs ?

it's too soon to ask such private stuff...

4. PillsHere

I'm perfectly willing to compromise, even willing to go without certain sexual actions if it is the case. I'm just afraid he won't.

It just really seems like he's uncomfortable with the aspect of being "top" in the sense that if I do anything, cuddling or otherwise, that puts him in a dominant position and me in a submissive one he seems like he's not down for it or really nervous.
    That really scares me, I'm willing to compromise and more or less switch roles in terms of that..but I don't think I can be with a guy who seems so uncomfortable with me being the submissive one that he doesn't even want to hold me in his arms without looking dissatisfied.

I mean, I guess if it comes down to it and he does react negatively, I have a leg-up in the potential argument/discussion it spurs, since HE messaged me (multiple times before I messaged back) and if he had even so much as glanced over the content of my profile (like he should of) he'd of seen I describe myself as a more or less 'strict' bottom.

I just wish it wasn't this way, I'm not even sure what makes me so stern with my sexual role preference. I've honestly tried reversing the roles but when it came to me being on top it literally caused zero arousal in me, therefor even if I wanted to do it I couldn't.
    I seriously envy those of you who can be versatile with your sex lives. :dry:

#4 PillsHere, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  5. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If It's just dominance he doesn't like- there is such a thing as being a dominant bottom, called a power bottom in the gay community. I don't know if him being a submissive top will help the issue. If it is purely bottoming though, you may need to compromise. Just ask him. If he is unwilling to compromise, this is not the guy for you.