1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

parent issues

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by pastelwyvern, Aug 10, 2016.

1. pastelwyvern

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My parents are going to make me get a feminine haircut. We need to fix it bc I chopped it off with scissors. They were pissed, but I explained that if it wasn't a gender issue I wouldn't have done it. They are trying their best to understand, but as much as I try to explain how I feel they don't get it and probably never will.
    They don't think I'm really nb because I'm so young and still figuring things out. I get where they're coming from, but regardless of how I feel when I'm twenty I still feel disgusting now when I'm referred to as a girl. They also said that I've never shown signs of being masculine, but not every trans person knows from a young age and I don't wear many masculine outfits because I feel horrible and just look like a girl in boys clothing. I tried explaining, but they refuse to accept that NOW, I AM NONBINARY. I'm so tired of arguing. They love me and want me to be happy. I'm trying to condition myself to see my hair as longish boys hair. It's working so far, but I know everyone else sees it as feminine and that stings.

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, they are wrong for assuming. When I was 14, I KNEW what I wanted (I wanted a woman). Women develop faster than men. And since you are biologically female, I'm sure you know what you want and who you are. That's the good thing about being bio female and being a boy by gender, huh? :icon_wink

As for the hair, how short is it? If it's short like a boy's then there's only so much they can do. Since you're still young, they still have some parental rights over you. So, let them do the haircut. Once it's done, fix it how you like to make it look like a boy's haircut. I hope I'm giving the best advice, since this is what I would do if I were in your situation.

EDIT: I just re-read your post. So it's long? I think I'm a bit confused. XD

#2 Anthemic, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  3. pastelwyvern

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's kind of a bob and kinda not. It's chin length and a little choppy. I look more masculine than before, but I still look fairly feminine. Sorry, I should've explained better :confused: Thanks for the advice! :slight_smile:

4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, I see! Do you want it to be short like a boy's? If so, tell your parents you'll come to an agreement as long as you can cut it off. Tell them you'll try to make it look cute and unisex. Maybe they'll feel better about that. :slight_smile: