1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused. What do I do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by geoseason, Aug 10, 2016.

1. geoseason

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/famil...4806-does-he-like-me-supposedly-straight.html

Background details although this could be irrelevant.

I have an issue. I've developed feelings for this guy who I am now gonna be moving in with and sharing a room (his idea) where he is now single. However we've spoke significantly less since his breakup but he hasn't changed how he talks to me over text and in person and still calls me bae/boo in person.

What do I do?! Is it pointless to tell him? He's not the kinda person to let this affect our relationship if I did have feelings (I believe but who knows I could be wrong). He's made it very clear he is very acceptive of LGBT and how there's nothing wrong with them.I don't know any advice on how to handle living with him and seeing him everyday would help. I am beginning to believe agreeing to this was a bad choice for my emotional state.

#1 geoseason, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should definitely tell him. And if there is any concern from either you or him, consider finding another living arrangement.

By telling him, assuming he reacts with admiration but acknowledging the feelings are not mutual, that might be hard to hear, but it could set you at ease and help you emotionally move on. In essence, it may help bring closure.

If you do not say anything, you will likely continue to build the emotional attachment and simply be torturing yourself to no end. Hence, the need to find another loving arrangement.

3. Belle the Bee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    be open (although easier said than done)
    you can make this healthy or you can make it bad for you. either way it will be hard, but necessary for any type of friendship or relationship to continue. good luck!