1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depression when not with my crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by oraluxjack, Aug 14, 2016.

1. oraluxjack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello guys.
    I have had a crush for a long time to my best friend (I don't know if he is straight or gay because we haven't talked about it but even if we would talk we would say that we are straight because of the country we live in (pretty much like Russia)) and we hangout daily for a lot of hours. Anyways, whenever we won't talk or won't hangout together i will get depressed... if he misses for like 3 or more days i become really depressed and i get a feeling as if i don't want to do anything and like everything i do is boring... Can you guys help me so i can fix this and don't get depressed this much from him? He has told me that when we don't hangout together he becomes depressed too but i'm far more worse than him...
    I have tried to get some space and not hangout for a while (he was off for 2 weeks because of holidays) but when he comes back things get the same again :frowning2: i don't really know what to do...

2. bubbyiooooo27

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hmmmm... if he gets depressed when he's not around you, then he clearly misses you a lot when you're gone. Are there any "signs" he may like you too? I went through the same thing, and I was lucky enough that my best friend wanted to be in a relationship with me as well. Ask him if he's interested in anybody, you never know, he may be feeling the same way too.

#2 bubbyiooooo27, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try finding other friends/family you can be comfortable with so you don't feel the absence of your crush is horrible. Also, try doing things like group activities (maybe a club, music, art, reading, sports and martial arts) that mean you aren't so isolated and have platonic friends who you can always talk to.

4. killswitch0029

Try to find something to distract yourself. From what I've seen go down with many people I know it's not healthy when your happiness is fully dependent on another individual being constantly in the picture.

5. Civiel

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is pretty normal, or at least from what I have experienced. I have long been struggling with the same, and what helped me was to make a plan of what I did each day, and see what made me feel better. If you aren't thinking about your crush when you are with other friends then do that till you feel better. If reading books make you feel better do that. If being outside helps, do that. I would tell you to try and not be that close to him all the time, but from personal experience I know that can be extremely hard. Try and be positive about it, and whatever you do don't get paranoid. He probably likes hanging with you as much as you like hanging with him, so hold on to that feeling, but also give him space to do what he wants to do without you, while you do the same. Being away from each other for a few days won't make him leave you, and even though you miss him there are probably some other activities to keep you busy. Hang in there mate!