1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ME!! I want to remain Monogamous...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SassyLad, Aug 16, 2016.

1. SassyLad

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, I'm 20 years old and I'm in relationship with a guy who lives 6-7 hour drive away from my home. I mean we live far from each other in different cities and yes we've been in a long distance relationship for the past several months.

My Problem is that since we live far from each other, we could only meet twice since we began dating. And I was virgin before meeting him and during our meetup I had sex for the very first time, though I had minor sexual encounters before.

So, now that I know what sex is like, I wanna have it more often and since I'm away from my partner, I feel lust towards other good looking guys in my city and I really don't know how to stop myself from having sex with other guys when I'm very much in a relationship. Even though, I've been keeping myself from doing that for many months now, but that's not easy. I almost had sex with a guy.

Please help by giving me some tips :icon_sad:. I really don't want to cheat on my boy......

2. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Perhaps think carefully about what a monogamous relationship means to you and how fidelity is an important factor in it. Especially in a long distance relationship, it is a demonstration of trust.

The practical advice I can give is to avoid situations that tempts you. Don't think that flirting is fine, as it can easily tempt you. Don't put yourself in a situation where you'd be alone with someone you find attractive. Don't use aps or hook up sites even just to look.

Finally, if you really are tempted, think about how great your boyfriend is and how hurt he would be if he knew that you'd cheated.

Of course all of this is under the assumption that you feel your boyfriend is worth the long distance relationship and the difficulties that come with it. Also, 6-7 hours is far but not too far. Try to see each other more often or make one stay longer

3. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Completing what AlmostBlue said:

1-Remember that cheating is never justified. There is no "but...". No "but my boyfriend is far away...", no "just this once...", no "that guy is tempting me...". And by cheating i mean sex, flirting, kissing, or anything that you feel the need to hide from your partner. It is not justified and it is not worth it. Don't do it.

Of course, it is normal to feel attracted to other people. However, when you act on it, regardless if it is kissing, flirting, sex, etc., you are breaking the trust bond of your relationship (unless you both talked about this beforehand and explicitly agree that you are both ok with it).

2-If you feel that sex and physical contact is such a big deal for you in this moment, and the distance from your boyfriend is being a major problem, you may want to reconsider the relationship. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that physical contact isn't important: It is absolutely fine and normal if you feel that the lack of contact in a distance relationship is a problem. However, if that's the case, you will need to reconsider: Is it worth it to maintain this relationship even with this problem?

For some, it is hard, but it is worth it. For others, even if they love their partners, they feel that the distance is a dealbreaker. In both cases, it is important that you be honest with you and your partner and decide what is best for both of you.

In the end, that's the question: Is the relationship worth it, even with this problem? It may be or it may be not, you need to think about it.

But, reinforcing what i said: There is no excuse for cheating. If you think that the lack of physical contact is that strong that you are even considering the possibility of cheating, you may want to consider breaking up so you can be free to look for another person without breaking someone's trust on you.

Either way, it is not easy to break up or to maintain a distant relationship. But, trust me, cheating is not the answer. Be honest with you and your boyfriend, and think about what is best for both of you.

4. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with a lot of what the others are saying in their responses but I also think that if you are thinking about it then sooner or later, you will do it and then afterwards the regret will set in. The best thing that I think in this situation will be for you to contact your boyfriend ASAP and have an honest talk with him about your feelings as you are having on the forum and then you two can decide if you want to continue with what you have or established an open relationship if he is willing to do so depending how much he really wants to be with you. I'm not sure he will...but stranger things have happen. Then again, if I were in your situation, I would break off that relationship after I have an honest talk with him and stay single and date for awhile until you get all the lusting out of your system. Like you've mentioned...this is all new to you. Its just like when I first embraced the fact of being gay and there was this guy whom I've had sex with a few times who wanted to have a serious relationship with me. I declined because I wanted to experience with other guys due to all of the attention I was getting at that time which is something most newly accepting gay men do before settling down in a relationship. In other words, you have some things to really think about because you really do not want to do anything to hurt your boyfriend. Good Luck!!!

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Be honest with yourself. You are not unusual for wanting regular intimacy, but that is not going to happen with a long-distance relationship, so you might need to break up if you can't keep your commitment. It doesn't mean you have lost the opportunity of getting back together: it just means you understand your limits.

If you do want to maintain the relationship, then try to plan for eventually living closer together.

6. SassyLad

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone, thank you so much for your replies.
    JonSomebody, you understood my situation best. You're right, this is all new to me, in my all teenage years I remained in denial of my orientation and only accepted it recently.
    I want to experience with other guys and want to experience different ways of sex (diff positions and all), besides sex with my partner wasn't great for me (not that bad either). He's not huge, I wish to see big tools sometimes. Also, He wouldn't suck me or even jerk me off.....when I would do that to him happily. (He's Bi and mostly keeps distance from penises, only interested in my ass).
    I'm so sorry for mentioning these details but I really need help. I'm being honest here.

And, I can't tell all this to my partner. He won't understand, he's very possessive and suspicious about me already when I didn't do anything yet. He gets angry easily.
    And we cannot meet very often as Its difficult for me to get permission from my aunt and uncle to leave home and go to another city. He himself has been involved in sexual activities for the past 7 years, so probably it's easy for him to stay off doing sex for such long time. Maybe he doesn't feel lust anymore.
    But all this is so new to me and I really want to explore different things. I want to be with slimmer guys, guys with athletic bodies, guys who are huge in size. In shorts, I want to taste different guys. And yes I like getting attention from other boys, which he doesn't like about me. He doesn't allow me to talk to other guys, even on social media.

Another important thing, sometimes when I and my partner talk on phone, I don't find words to keep the conversation going. Is that normal? I sometimes think maybe we don't have a connection?
    Am I a bad person for having all those desires?

Having said that, I still want to be with him. He loves me, we had times when we almost broke up, and at that time I realized that he's the real thing in my life. Someone I could call is mine. I don't want to let go of him and get lonely. I really don't have anyone else in my life, with whom I share everything. I don't even have many friends.....only 2 friends who also live in other cities.
    Basically, I feel that maybe I love him but not enough. I only realize his importance when we fight and when I fear of losing him.
    I really don't know how to control all this. :frowning2:

#6 SassyLad, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  7. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a HUGE red flag for the relationship.

First, becase he doesn't have the power to allow/prohibit you to do anything. If he says: "I'm not comfortable with you doing X", that's one thing, and it is perfectly fine. But, if he says: "I don't allow you to talk to other guys", that's a problem. You aren't an object.

Second, if you aren't comfortable opening yourself to your partner, then this can be an indicator that the relationship isn't working. A healthy relationship is based on mutual honesty and truth. If that doesn't exist, and if you aren't comfortable enough to talk to him about these feelings, then, again, it may be the time to reconsider if this relationship is worth it.

If you feel you want to experiment more with other guys, and that you aren't ready for a committed, long term relationship, that's absolutely fine. However, if that's the case, you should talk to your partner and break up. It isn't easy, but there is no need to torture yourself by staying in a relationship you don't want to be in, even if breaking up is a hard thing to do.

No, you aren't a bad person, it is normal to have those desires. However, if they are that intense, it may indicate that you don't want a serious relationship for now, or that you aren't comfortable with a distant relationship. Again, you need to think: Is it worth it to stay in this relationship?
    Important thing: Only you can reach a conclusion about your feelings, so don't take what i'm saying as the "right thing to do".

But it seems to me that the only thing holding this relationship together is that you fear to be alone. If that's the case, again, you really need to consider if that's what you really want for the rest of your life in a relationship.

Breaking up is hard? Surely it is. However, if you are in this relationship just because it is your comfort zone, then you need to think about it.

Again, no one can tell you what to do, to break up or not. But, based on what you are saying, there are many red flags in this relationship. You will need to think about everything and see if it is really worth it.

8. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So...SassyLad...If I can be honest as well...now that you've shared a LOT more of your situation, I see soooo many RED FLAGS!!!!! within your relationship. For me and this is just my opinion...I had started dating this guy awhile back and when we got to finally having sex...this guy revealed many things that he will not do sexually but wanted me to satisfy him to the fullest. I immediately got up ...put on my clothes and told him that I do not want to have anything on an intimate level with him anymore...just a platonic relationship would be fine with me and if he did not want that..SEE YA!!!!!..I just feel that if we are into each other equally, then equally satisfying your partner should not be an issue, it should be willing amongst both parties unless this is something that the two of you had discussed prior to going further within pursuing a relationship.

Also, I could be wrong with what I am about to say...but here it goes...Although you may have feelings for your boyfriend...but I tend to fill that those feelings you have may be subjected to some kind of obligation due to the fact that he is your first boyfriend and the first guy that you have had any sexual encounter with. The reason I came to this conclusion is many things that you've mentioned in regard to the sexual aspect of your relationship. It seems that you are being short handed and not being sexually satisfied or fulfilled as you will like to be. Furthermore, I tend to believe that you have feelings of possibly guilt or maybe fear in telling him that you want to end the relationship that assumption also came from what you've mentioned as well. The problem with that is from what I can foresee, more than likely from the status of this relationship and the long distance, you will mess around on this guy if for nothing else, sexual satisfaction and the need to explore and see what else can be offered sexually for your fulfillment that you are not getting from your boyfriend.

With all being said..I see a lot of confusion with your decisions on what you want to do as to what you should do when it comes to this relationship and your needs to be taken care of sexually. As I mentioned in my previous response and now...I really stand by what I said in regards to you being single and free to experiment with other guys. Lastly, you need to put on your big girl panties and have that talk with your boyfriend and not be concerned with whether he gets upset or not liking why you are ending the relationship because in my opinion..you have justifiable causes to end it. I think in the long run, its best that you tell him whats in your heart than for him to find out that you went behind his back and did it anyway especially if he's being suspicious as you've mentioned which by the way is another red flag for me because it also tells me that he is aware of a lot of issues within the relationship as you are. Ok...one more thing...and if you don't like what I am about to say...Sorry...but I got to say it like I mean it..!!! With all that you've mentioned about your boyfriend...now..this is just my opinion and I could be wrong but don't be surprised if he is messing around with someone already. Many times I come to find when someone like him get suspicious and concerns about the relationship especially a long distance one ... more than likely...they are doing the exact same thing that you may be thinking of doing especially with the fact of knowing that he is not being equal sexually within the relationship as you are...this does cause concern to what you are doing and he is not near you to see firsthand. At the end of the day...you have to do what is going to make you happy...not HIM!!!!...Good Luck and Best Wishes!!!:smilewave

9. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As a self-proclaimed I-will-wait-for-the-right-guy-and-lose-my-virgin-flower-and-stay-committed-for-life-like-b***dy-freaking-snow-white-or-something I can say that either you should decide to be in a relationship and monogamous OR in a relationship and be open to experimentation OR not in a relationship and experiment-your-ass-off. Pardon my...ahem.

But if you're significant other is a tad possessive, I'd suggest you take a break from relationships and experiment. That way you are still true to yourself (Try to think of it as being monogamous only when in a relationship and not while experimenting) :slight_smile:

10. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not going to add to the good advice you have already received, but I did want to pick up on this point from your original post:

According to your profile, you are based in Pakistan - a great country, but one that is hardly renowned as a safe and tolerant haven for gay men. If you did break up with your boyfriend to pursue more casual sexual encounters with other guys in your city, are you sure you could do so with any degree of certainty about your safety? Sex is great, but only if it is safe (in every respect). You will forgive me for saying that you don't seem terribly experienced in these matters and that gives me cause for concern. Think about it very carefully.