1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't want to break up but I need a change...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hawkmoth, Aug 16, 2016.

1. hawkmoth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I have been in a pretty serious, long distance relationship since October of last year. We had been friends for years and we have gone through a lot, both on our own and together. We planned on getting married within the next few years and how we would live together as soon as possible, but I just don't feel any hope in these things anymore. Nothing has really happened between use to create a rift in our relationship, but my mental heath has taken quite the plummet and I am just not finding myself interested in continuing. Honestly? I find myself constantly wishing I had a boyfriend, or at least someone that could see me in person and touch me. I feel insecure, like the things she says aren't sincere and it is driving me absolutely crazy. Part long distance, part mental illness, part discrepancy with my own sexuality and FOMO. I don't want to risk someone so important to me and I never want to hurt her- but I am at a loss here. I don't know what to do- any suggestions or advice?

2. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe you just need some extended time to yourself? Like, maybe ask her for a break, and go out and do some things. Not meaning meet someone else of course, but hang out with friends, family and maybe it'll up your spirit some? All of us need our own time and sometimes in relationships, doing that can make a pretty decent size difference. So, maybe you can clear your head on what you really do want for yourself. Though, I'm not very experienced with relationship related things but I'll try to help out the best I can.

Good luck!

3. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, do you love her?
    Are you in love with her?
    I can't tell you what to do with your relationship, but I think those are two very important questions to keep in mind.

4. Civiel

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As the person over me said. If you truly love her, stay with her, maybe take a break if you really need it. If you don't love her, then get out of there, preferably soon. The longer you wait the more you will break her heart. It's not fair to either you nor her to continue with a relationship you don't want.

Best of luck, I hope you figure everything out alright