1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking boy friend about past

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Potatoes, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Potatoes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So my boyfriend and I have recently started dated again and last time a year ago we broke up because his parents didn't want us to date I want to ask him about all of what happened but I don't want to make him uncomfortable also I don't even know if his parents even want us dating now and I would like to know and I just don't know how to bring it up

2. mangotree

I'm sure he'll tell you when/if he is comfortable/ready enough to do so.

Is there a particular reason that you need to know about his past?

3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would not want to know. If and when he is ready to talk about it ...then I will leave it alone until then. Even once he decides to reveal what happened to you...myself...I would let it go so far and cut it off. Some things are not worth knowing because let's face it...we all have a past. I come from a very homophobic family who still has not accepted me and when I was in a relationship and this topic would come up, I would share only so much and then move on to something else. However, this is just me...we all handle things differently.