1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almost Got Me One

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by redghost, Aug 18, 2016.

1. redghost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (one day I will make a normal title, but today is not that day)

I stumbled upon a cute guy who might be into the things I'm into (nerd stuff). A friend of mine is his coworker, and she told me he's bi. And since then I've had an eye out for him, and I've seen him looking at me with a "!" expression, and I don't know if it's "Oh wow he's cute" or just "Oh it's that guy that's always talking to my coworker." Also, there's the possibility that my friend told him I was asking about him, so he could be appraising me. I don't know. Point is, I want to go for it. I just don't know how. He works at a part of this store where I can't just walk up to him and talk to him, not like a cashier (otherwise I'd just buy gum/soda and strike up a conversation). I thought of asking my friend to hang out and inviting him, too, but she's never available, and tbh friend is a strong word. We've known each other for a while as neighbors, and we have a lot in common, but we're not there yet as friends, so getting her to make plans is difficult. I also don't want to reveal I know this guy's personal business and just ask him out... nor do I want to make him uncomfortable at his job. Any tips?

2. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, if you can find any way to talk to him I think that's a good way to go, but it sounds like that might be hard. One way I get to know people is through mutual friends, like you said. So maybe strengthening your friendship with this coworker could help? I have small parties at my house every few weeks and invite people and their friends, and that's kind of how I expand my friend group. It's kind of how I got to know that guy my thread is about haha. But yeah, taking any chance you can to talk to either of them and then initiate some social thing would be my advice. :slight_smile:

3. redghost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I finally got a chance today, he wasn't behind the counter as usual and we had a nice talk. Who knows, maybe this isn't impossible.

4. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nice!!

Keep at it!

What did you talk about?

5. redghost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It was a very brief conversation, just about work. But I don't think this will become anything. I'm not his type, and I think I have too much going on right now to even hope for this.

6. faustian1

I was going to write, from one nerd to another before you wrote your conclusion above, that under the circumstances I figured you should just go for it and ask him to hang out and do something. If for no other reason, to try it out and to get to know him.

Oh, sure I know that's pretty hard. Not sure if I could take my own advice. However, since it looked like you had nothing to lose, I figured why not?