1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friendless and lonely

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Anyc84, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Anyc84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just want to start or by saying I been lurking on this forum for quite some time.

I am a 32yr old male who has struggle to make friends. I only been in 1 short term relationship and it didn't work out.

I was okay with not having friends in my 20s. Now that I'm in my 30s, I am starting to feel the loneliness. I spent the last few years almost home most weekends alone in my room. I have no friends to hang out with. I been thinking of ways to end it because I really don't want to live like this anymore. I don't think anyone would notice If i dropped dead.

I am slightly introverted and have a hard time opening up to people. I also think I'm extremely ugly and get anxiety being around good looking people. I just don't fit in. I am also closeted and afraid of what people think of me. It's so hard to make a friend, I highly doubt I'll ever get In a relationship.

I'm not trying to get sympathy from anyone. I just need somewhere to express what I have been feeling. I feel defeated and just want to give up in life.

2. Southpaw

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are NOT extremely ugly. It really is true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and your personality is going to be what counts.

It won't happen overnight but you can change your situation starting TODAY.

What sort of things are you interested in? Can you join a club or sports group? Maybe take up a new hobby or sport. Try things until you find something you love doing, something you are enthusiastic about. This will do wonders for your self esteem and if you can exercise you will feel better, both physically and mentally.

You don't mention whether you work or study in the week but at weekends you could also consider volunteering for a charity. For instance, maybe give some time to help work with a team who look after elderly people or disadvantaged kids.

You WILL make friends. It might take a little time but one step at a time is ok.

Go and do something different today, something you wouldn't normally consider doing, something, no matter how seemingly small, that might add value to other people's lives and will make you feel good.

Best of luck