1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to ask out a friend..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nordland, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've been trying to pluck up the courage to ask one of my friends out, he's bi. He had expressed interest in me before but at a time when I was still pretty confused about my sexuality and I kinda dismissed the situation (something I massively regret now). I guess my main concern is rejection and thus damaging our friendship. Anyone got any tips on asking friends out?

2. faustian1

Well, earlier you kind of rejected him so why not pick up from there?

You could sit down with him and tell him:

• The last time you talked, you were confused and not really sure of how you felt about your sexuality;
    • You were too embarrassed to properly express appreciation for his attention;
    • Ask him if he'd mind if you changed your answer.

If these things are true, then that's a suggestion. If you're friends, you can work it out by talking about it. My suggestion is to basically combine asking him for advice (in a way), changing your response (and being direct about it).

Once a long time ago, I was in your position. I did not fix the problem at the time, but the above is how I decided that I should have tried correcting my bad response.

#2 faustian1, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016