1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I tell her that I'd love to get to know her more?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hillwanderer, Aug 21, 2016.

1. hillwanderer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I met this girl on an LGBT app. She lives about 4 hours away from me. We started messaging back and forth on the app several months ago, and started texting a little while after that. We've talked a lot about some pretty personal stuff like coming out, friends, religion, and family, and I feel like I know her fairly well by now. The thing is, I really, really like her, and I would love to get to know her more. She seems to like me, too. We've mentioned meeting in the middle sometime, but we're both pretty busy and it's never really worked out. Now she's leaving to go abroad for about 6 months, and I don't want her to leave without knowing how I feel about her, but I don't know how to tell her that I'd love to get to know her more (possibly start Skyping and talking more) without sounding creepy. Any ideas?

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try to set a clear date and time to meet up so both of you can fit it in your schedules. Skype is the easiest option, but nothing can replace real life interaction, which also reduces distraction. You might look for some event or activity to do together or just something simple like a picnic or going out for coffee/food. Yes, these sound like date ideas, but you two already have talked a lot before.